Small brag: Kali makes the local paper!

Old July 14th 03, 11:23 PM

Default Small brag: Kali makes the local paper!

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:16:53 -0400 Krishur whittled these words:
The Reading to Rover program started out so well! The press showed up to
cover it and Kali's picture is in the paper! I was misquoted--but that's ok.

See it here (no pictures though):
http://www.thejournalnews.com/weekly...t0710mkdo.html

That's great. A little favorable dog publicity for a change.

Diane Blackman
Old July 14th 03, 11:26 PM
Dimpled Chad

On 14 Jul 2003, Krishur opined:

The Reading to Rover program started out so well! The press showed up to
cover it and Kali's picture is in the paper! I was misquoted--but that's
ok.

See it here (no pictures though):
http://www.thejournalnews.com/weekly...t0710mkdo.html

Neato, Kris.
Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

'I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar.'

Old July 15th 03, 12:32 AM
Chris Williams

Wonderful Kris and Kali!
OK, Kris, now that you've overcome your reticence: what did you
observe? Did the kids seem more confident? Dogs' non-judgmental
presence is reputed to overcome some children's blocks.
Yaknow, if I were picking one of our shelter dogs for a similar
program, it would be one of the Pits. They're all so attentive.

Just because humans are slow and can't smell or hear
very well doesn't mean they don't possess a primitive
type of intelligence.

Old July 15th 03, 02:36 AM
Lone Hansen

"Holier Than Thou" wrote in message
. 3.44...
"Krishur" wrote in
:

The Reading to Rover program started out so well! The press showed up
to cover it and Kali's picture is in the paper! I was misquoted--but
that's ok.

See it here (no pictures though):
http://www.thejournalnews.com/weekly...t0710mkdo.html

Way cool, Kris!!

--
BethF, Anchorage, AK

- Second that

Lone

Old July 15th 03, 05:53 AM
Deb

Krishur said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

The Reading to Rover program started out so well! The press
showed up to cover it and Kali's picture is in the paper!

Wow, a star among us! Better get that dog a beret!

Deb
Shi the Survivor
Georgie the Kid-Snarker
Old July 15th 03, 12:57 PM
Krishur

It wasn't a true therapy program--with goals to be reached or current
progress monitored. The kids came with a parent and the parent helped them
read the book--just a fun thing.

Kristen

Old July 15th 03, 02:15 PM
Gwen Watson

"Krishur" wrote in
:

The Reading to Rover program started out so well! The press showed up
to cover it and Kali's picture is in the paper! I was misquoted--but
that's ok.

That's wonderful Kris. Congrats to you and Kali.

Gwen