Sneezing dog

Old September 10th 09, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Jim Manson

Default Sneezing dog

Hi,

I have noticed an unusual reaction my dog has at times.

When we play and roughhouse he gets excited, normal so far. However,
every single time, within a minute, he sneezes two or three times.
Usually a smaller sneeze then a big sneeze. It's pretty much 100% of
the time. He doesn't sneeze at other times. I reminds me of when I
first go outside in the sunlight, a photic reflex.

He's a 9-10 year old American Eskimo in otherwise good health.

Anyone else run across this? I don't think it's serious but it's
definitely a curiosity.

-Jim
Old September 10th 09, 07:17 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen[_3_]

"Jim Manson" wrote in message
Hi,

I have noticed an unusual reaction my dog has at times.

When we play and roughhouse he gets excited, normal so far. However,
every single time, within a minute, he sneezes two or three times.
Usually a smaller sneeze then a big sneeze. It's pretty much 100% of
the time. He doesn't sneeze at other times. I reminds me of when I
first go outside in the sunlight, a photic reflex.

He's a 9-10 year old American Eskimo in otherwise good health.

Anyone else run across this? I don't think it's serious but it's
definitely a curiosity.

My dog Muttley seems to sneeze whe he is excited, such as when I'm ready to
take him for a walk. Even more curious is his reaction when I sneeze. He
seems to become very concerned and he will put one or both paws on me and
practically climb on top of me. He is very insistant and it takes a while
before he will leave me alone.

My house is quite dusty and damp, with mold and mildew, so that probably
explains why we sneeze sometimes.

I hope Lucky is doing well. That was the name of my other rescue dog I had
in 2007.

Paul and Muttley

Old September 10th 09, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
wintermute

On 2009-09-09 23:17:21 -0700, "Paul E. Schoen" said:

When we play and roughhouse he gets excited, normal so far. However,
every single time, within a minute, he sneezes two or three times.
Usually a smaller sneeze then a big sneeze. It's pretty much 100% of
the time. He doesn't sneeze at other times. I reminds me of when I
first go outside in the sunlight, a photic reflex.

He's a 9-10 year old American Eskimo in otherwise good health.

Anyone else run across this? I don't think it's serious but it's
definitely a curiosity.

Yup, Our Cattle Dog/Collie Mix does this very same thing. Especially if
we're going for a car ride.

My dog Muttley seems to sneeze whe he is excited, such as when I'm ready to
take him for a walk. Even more curious is his reaction when I sneeze. He
seems to become very concerned and he will put one or both paws on me and
practically climb on top of me. He is very insistant and it takes a while
before he will leave me alone.

Bingo! Another exact response to my wife and I whenever we sneeze. It's
a very curious behavior indeed! In fact the pooch may be in another
room and upon hearing one of us sneeze she will come bounding into
whatever space were in to 'check up' on our health.. Funny.

--

wintermute