Ping shelly

Old July 15th 03, 01:58 PM
Dimpled Chad

Default Ping shelly

I've not seen you around for a while. Everything ok? Did the storm knock out
some powerlines?

Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender,
your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last
beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy
of such devotion." - Unknown

Old July 15th 03, 02:19 PM
Gwen Watson

Dimpled Chad wrote:

I've not seen you around for a while. Everything ok? Did the storm knock out
some powerlines?

Chad

Unfortunately I think it may be my fault Shelly hasn't been around
in days. Sorry all I certainly didn't mean anything to esculate to
a degree for any OP here to not post.

Gwen

Old July 15th 03, 02:37 PM
Suja

Gwen Watson wrote:

Unfortunately I think it may be my fault Shelly hasn't been around
in days. Sorry all I certainly didn't mean anything to esculate to
a degree for any OP here to not post.

I wouldn't think so, Gwen. She's made of tougher stuff than that.

Suja
Old July 15th 03, 02:40 PM
Gwen Watson

Suja wrote:

I wouldn't think so, Gwen. She's made of tougher stuff than that.

Suja

Suja, I sure hope so. I hope she is on vacation and enjoying herself
to the nth degree.

Gwen

Old July 15th 03, 03:19 PM
Suja

Gwen Watson wrote:

Suja, I sure hope so. I hope she is on vacation and enjoying herself
to the nth degree.

We ought to make up a rule. People who are going to be away must let
the rest of us know that they'll be gone. That way, we won't be left to
wonder and worry about whether everything is okay.

Suja
Old July 15th 03, 03:52 PM
Dimpled Chad

On 15 Jul 2003, Suja opined:

So, shelly, if you're enjoying a margaretta somewhere, have a second
for me, and know that because you weren't here to warn me off of it I
had a McGriddle today (sweet+savory), and it was actually kinda good...

I'm taking up the cause on her behalf. Like, EWWWW! Maybe the second
most important rule wasn't made clear to you. McDonalds food is Not
Allowed*.

Here's the story:

I had my checkup last week (at that internist, who was great, btw), and all
was good, except they wanted a blood test (lipids and fasting blood sugar),
and I needed to reschedule for some morning when I have fasted for 8 hours.
That was today, and I went in this AM without a drop of food or liquid (i.e.
coffee) other than water.

For some reason, unlike the last time when I got right in, this time they had
me wait a half hour. By 9 I was famished, but they got me in and took the
blood and I was gone. I had to run two errends before coming home, and was
starving. The nearest spot: McDonalds.

And, as I say, the McGriddle wasn't that bad. Weird, sure; but not that
bad...

Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

A subsidiary of Halliburton Co. paid a Nigerian tax
official $2.4 million in bribes to get favorable tax
treatment, the company disclosed in a federal
filing. - Associated Press 5/9/03

Old July 15th 03, 04:04 PM
Suja

Dimpled Chad wrote:
Here's the story:

I had my checkup last week (at that internist, who was great, btw), and all
was good, except they wanted a blood test (lipids and fasting blood sugar),

BTDT. These days, when I go for a regular physical, I call them up the
day before to confirm the appointment and to check see if I should be
fasting. Avoids two trips.

and I needed to reschedule for some morning when I have fasted for 8 hours.
That was today, and I went in this AM without a drop of food or liquid (i.e.
coffee) other than water.

The water is key, BTW. I once went to get my blood drawn without even
having had any water, and they couldn't draw any blood from me. Made me
drink 8 cups of water (YUK!) and waited another half hour. This time
she got something, but she kept shaking her head. By the time we were
all done, and I got to the car, I had to pee so badly I took a break at
the nearest fast food joint.

me wait a half hour. By 9 I was famished, but they got me in and took the
blood and I was gone. I had to run two errends before coming home, and was
starving. The nearest spot: McDonalds.

Grown man, talking like that. I would've hoped that you could hold out
for an IHOP.

And, as I say, the McGriddle wasn't that bad. Weird, sure; but not that
bad...

That's the other bad part. Not only did you go to McDs, you also mixed
sweet and savory. Would've thought that you could eat something normal
- greasy and apt to give you a heart attack, but one that wouldn't break
The Rule.

Suja
Old July 15th 03, 04:15 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Suja wrote in :

I'm taking up the cause on her behalf. Like, EWWWW! Maybe the second
most important rule wasn't made clear to you. McDonalds food is Not
Allowed*.

Don't worry Chad, I got your back on this!

Suja, Chad is just expressing a repressed desire to try the real thing up
here in Canada. Until he does that, McGriddles are allowed. Have no fear,
once the real thing is tasted, he will never go McGriddle again.

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'Never send a monster to do the work
of an evil scientist.'

Old July 15th 03, 04:20 PM
Suja

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:

Lotsa fried stuff (bacon, eggs, sausage, ham, home fries) all covered in
maple syrup.

Only three things wrong he

1. Fried stuff - Ewww!
2. Maple Syrup - Yuk!
3. Maple Syrup on Fried Stuff - A complete abomination. My tastebuds
are quivering in their shoes, and it isn't from anticipation.

Suja
Old July 15th 03, 04:38 PM
Gwen Watson

Suja wrote:

McDonalds food is Not
Allowed*.

Suja
*Unless you're having a milkshake, in which case it is okay

Not anything at McDonalds is allowed around me or in my
car or in passing. Those that go to McDonalds must do it
out of my presence. I have a thing about McDonalds
and their wastefulness, ie the kids meals etc.

Gwen