Well, that's the last time

Old October 1st 09, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lachlan - KotU

Default Well, that's the last time

I ask for advice on here.
I asked for some help and what I got was a free for all of petty bickering.
The problem with the dog being aggressive with other dogs, I can keep on top
of, just not letting him off the leash when other dogs are about. If he's
tied up outside a shop whilst I'm inside buying something and another dog
goes near him, he is fine. So it seems that he's trying to show off to me
when another dog appears. But if I want advice, I'll just ask the damn vet.

Old October 1st 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara Green

Lachlan - KotU wrote:
I ask for advice on here.
I asked for some help and what I got was a free for all of petty bickering.
The problem with the dog being aggressive with other dogs, I can keep on
top of, just not letting him off the leash when other dogs are about.
If he's tied up outside a shop whilst I'm inside buying something and
another dog goes near him, he is fine. So it seems that he's trying to
show off to me when another dog appears. But if I want advice, I'll
just ask the damn vet.

I gave you a series of books to go look at.

Did see that post?

I pointed out that management will be
critical as you move forward and that each
time you let your dog offlead, you run some
very serious risks.

Did you not read my advice to you *at all*???

So glad I put time into looking up the
website for those books then.
Old October 1st 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 22:33:09 +0100, "Lachlan - KotU"
wrote:

I ask for advice on here.
I asked for some help and what I got was a free for all of petty bickering.

What you got was some good advice and some pointers; the "bickering"
was due to a troll who doesn't know anything about dogs.

Ignore the bickering, and take the advice.

The problem with the dog being aggressive with other dogs, I can keep on top
of, just not letting him off the leash when other dogs are about.

Again, keep him on a leash until you can find some local in-person
help.

But if I want advice, I'll just ask the damn vet.

Vets are great sources of help for your dog's medical issues, but for
training, not so much. Although many vets can (and would be happy) to
aim you in the right direction to find a good trainer or training
class.
Old October 1st 09, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Lachlan - KotU

"Tara Green" wrote in message
Lachlan - KotU wrote:
I ask for advice on here.
I asked for some help and what I got was a free for all of petty
bickering.
The problem with the dog being aggressive with other dogs, I can keep on
top of, just not letting him off the leash when other dogs are about. If
he's tied up outside a shop whilst I'm inside buying something and
another dog goes near him, he is fine. So it seems that he's trying to
show off to me when another dog appears. But if I want advice, I'll just
ask the damn vet.

I gave you a series of books to go look at.

Did see that post?

I pointed out that management will be critical as you move forward and
that each time you let your dog offlead, you run some very serious risks.

Did you not read my advice to you *at all*???

So glad I put time into looking up the website for those books then.

Hi there, any information anyone gave me was lost in a see of arguments.
I'll go through your posts tomorrow.
Thanks )

Old October 2nd 09, 08:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen[_3_]

"Lachlan - KotU" wrote in message

Hi there, any information anyone gave me was lost in a see of arguments.
I'll go through your posts tomorrow.
Thanks )

Stupid arguments, trolls, spam, and the resident loonie JH make this
newsgroup (and many others) nearly worthless. There are other forums where
you might get some good advice, with a lot higher signal to noise ratio.
Try:

http://www.victoriastilwell.com/

http://community.sessionswithcesar.com/forums/

www.dogsey.com

Paul and Muttley
www.MuttleyDog.com

best time to get second dog MauiJNP Dog activities 6 November 30th 04 06:14 AM
About time Chris Williams Dog behavior 2 August 28th 03 02:22 PM
About time Chris Williams Dog behavior 0 August 27th 03 10:10 PM