Dingo addicted to rides in Car.

Old October 2nd 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
wintermute

Default Dingo addicted to rides in Car.

Our cattle dog mix is just priceless. She knows exactly when we're
going out in the car. Not just the obvious jingle of keys. When we get
dressed in the morning, no response. I work from home so I'm pretty
casual (shorts n teeshirt). Wife gets dressed up for work. Still no
response. BUT. If I change into a collared shirt or put pants on.
BINGO, she's running around wagging the tail and vocalizing her
excitement about the in-her-mind impending car ride. Regardless of
other conditions, if I lock the sliding glass door in the kitchen she
KNOWS. We're going out. If she see's me grab my wallet. She KNOWS.

Just priceless. Heartbreaking is when she's waiting in the Foyer and
having to tell her she's not coming and looking at the big brown
puppydog eyes she displays when she KNOWS she's not going.

She gets plenty of car rides to the dog park, errand runs and weekend
trips. Just it feels so bad to leave her at home sometimes.

--

wintermute

Old October 3rd 09, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Steve[_4_]

"wintermute" wrote in message

[...]

Your as sad as me, I hate saying no to my lab and she has the best sad dog
looks to make me feel guilty.

Steve