Neutered vs intact

Old November 13th 09, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
luckyblueme

Default Neutered vs intact

Looking for opinions,

We have 2 family dogs. 1 bull terrier (midi) and the other lab\bull
(neo) terrier mixed - both males, 1 yrs old, we raised them together
as pups

Neo had to go through neuter for his health because he was cryptiod
(one ball was in the abdomen) After Neo was neutered Midi has become
increasingly aggressive towards Neo. Anything can proke Midi, he seems
super sensitve and touchy all of a sudden. The fight break outs are
quick and ez to stop, but we are worried that he may seriously injure
Neo.

Do you think that the recent neutering is affecting Midi?
Has anyone seen this type of behavior before with neutered \ intact
dogs?

Any input appreciated,

Thanx

Sandra
Old November 13th 09, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara Green

luckyblueme wrote:
Looking for opinions,

We have 2 family dogs. 1 bull terrier (midi) and the other lab\bull
(neo) terrier mixed - both males, 1 yrs old, we raised them together
as pups

Neo had to go through neuter for his health because he was cryptiod
(one ball was in the abdomen) After Neo was neutered Midi has become
increasingly aggressive towards Neo. Anything can proke Midi, he seems
super sensitve and touchy all of a sudden. The fight break outs are
quick and ez to stop, but we are worried that he may seriously injure
Neo.

Do you think that the recent neutering is affecting Midi?
Has anyone seen this type of behavior before with neutered \ intact
dogs?

Short answer: it could be a trigger.

Could be the reduction in hormones, could be
that Neo came back smelling "funny" like the
hospital, could just be the changed dynamic
after being apart (though I think that would
be mitigated by one of the prior two things).

Lots and lots of positive games between the
two, lots of benign supervision to interrupt
the aggressive behaviors *before* they start
(its FAR better to identify and interrupt
Midi before he's triggered than it is to have
to keep breaking them up).

How long ago was the surgery?
Old November 18th 09, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Karma

Mmm, mmm, mmm. Years and years of millions of completely mindless
lines of drivel from you and STILL no one cares about you...well,
except for the other weirdo "Char."

How incredibly sad, really...
Old November 21st 09, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Karma

Ooooo - you can do a search on news groups! You get a big gold star!
How impressive!

Anything else?

intact and barking MauiJNP Dog behavior 1 April 13th 05 02:05 AM
Intact dog at dog park [email protected] Dog behavior 4 January 27th 05 06:36 PM
Another Reason to Confine Your Intact Dog Tee Dog breeds 18 January 24th 05 04:26 AM
Intact male playing? Cin Dog breeds 9 January 1st 05 11:15 PM
Intact male dog....curious behaviors? gal522 Dog behavior 0 September 28th 04 02:46 PM