Little schanuzer

Old February 9th 10, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Daniel Coronado

Default Little schanuzer

i got a Schanuzer mini, 3 months, but i had it since she was 1 month
older...everything is fine, but now she is biting all the time, i waqnt to
play with her but she bit my hands, my foots, furniture, etc how can i do to
stop that bitings

sorry my english...

Old February 9th 10, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Wingnut[_2_]

"Daniel Coronado" wrote in message
i got a Schanuzer mini, 3 months, but i had it since she was 1 month
older...everything is fine, but now she is biting all the time, i waqnt to
play with her but she bit my hands, my foots, furniture, etc how can i do
to stop that bitings

sorry my english...

You have to give her more appropriate (better) things to chew. Her teeth
are coming in and she needs to chew. Get her some rawhide, and some stuffed
toys.

Old February 10th 10, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
William Clodius[_2_]

Daniel Coronado wrote:

i got a Schanuzer mini, 3 months, but i had it since she was 1 month
older...everything is fine, but now she is biting all the time, i waqnt to
play with her but she bit my hands, my foots, furniture, etc how can i do to
stop that bitings

sorry my english...

A common problem with puppies. Solve the personal biltes the way dogs
do. Give a yelp when she bites and go away. She'll soon learn to be more
gentle if she want's to have fun. As to the furniture give her something
to chew toys, rawhide, or bones when she's bored. Aboid chicken and
other fragile bones.

--
Bill Clodius
los the lost and net the pet to email
Old February 10th 10, 02:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Avid Fan[_4_]

Daniel Coronado wrote:
i got a Schanuzer mini, 3 months, but i had it since she was 1 month
older...everything is fine, but now she is biting all the time, i waqnt to
play with her but she bit my hands, my foots, furniture, etc how can i do to
stop that bitings

sorry my english...

As for biting you The problem is that your dog was taken away from the
litter too early. Remember your dog does not know she is hurting you -
that is the problem.

If left long enough your dog will learn from other dogs not to bite too
hard. Don't worry she will grow out of it.

Things that might help :

Make a big deal about being bitten. Exaggerate the pain and stop
playing with her. Try again in 15 minutes time.

Expose her to other pups. Puppy preschool is great for this.
I had a dog that had this problem I took her to puppy preschool she bit
another dog the dog bit her back and bang she never bit anyone again
(this was a very clever dog, the moment she found out how much it hurt
she stopped) .

Put things that are unappealing to your on your hands and feet -
Chilli or insect repellent

As for your furniture put as many chew toys or old shoes around the
house as you can stand. Spray insect repellent on the furniture to make
it less appealing.

Be patient she will grow out of it.

Old February 13th 10, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Char

Daniel Coronado wrote:
its good to give it to her a natural bones?

It is very good to give raw bones, certainly much better than rawhide
which can cause intestinal blockage.

Char
Old February 21st 10, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

"William Clodius" wrote
Daniel Coronado wrote:

i got a Schanuzer mini, 3 months, but i had it since she was 1 month
older...everything is fine, but now she is biting all the time, i waqnt
play with her but she bit my hands, my foots, furniture, etc how can i do
stop that bitings

sorry my english...

A common problem with puppies. Solve the personal biltes the way dogs
do. Give a yelp when she bites and go away. She'll soon learn to be more
gentle if she want's to have fun. As to the furniture give her something
to chew toys, rawhide, or bones when she's bored. Aboid chicken and
other fragile bones.

Agreed. Daniel, try the squeeky toys with nubbly cloth covers.