muddy dog pen solutions

Old February 28th 10, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Chet

Default muddy dog pen solutions

over the years when it rains or melting snow ect, my wife is always
cleaning the dog pen poop and it is a muddy mess at times, what are most
people putting in the pen to help this out, I was thinking of wood
chips, but before I do that, maybe someone has some better tips on what
to put down.

thanks
Chet
Old March 26th 10, 06:25 PM
Ozzy29 Ozzy29 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet View Post
over the years when it rains or melting snow ect, my wife is always
cleaning the dog pen poop and it is a muddy mess at times, what are most
people putting in the pen to help this out, I was thinking of wood
chips, but before I do that, maybe someone has some better tips on what
to put down.

thanks
Chet
Wow, I can relate to this. I do not think that putting wood chips down would be a good idea. It would only add to the mess and clean up would be a lot harder.

My neighbor uses a shop vac to clean up after her pets. Does a good job although emptying the vacuum is gross.

What kind of surface is the pen? Dirt, grass or concrete?