Happy Birthday, Dakota

Old July 18th 03, 12:41 AM
Holier Than Thou

Default Happy Birthday, Dakota

HAPPY BARKDAY DAKOTA.

why are you askeered of sneezes?

--
BethF, Anchorage, AK
Old July 18th 03, 07:09 AM
Abby Pennington

"Christy" wrote in
:

snip lovely tribute

Happy birthday, Dakota!! I hope he had a nummy treat and extra 'tention.

--
-Abby

Pems, Aussie, and a Pug

****Remove shoes to reply****
Old July 18th 03, 12:32 PM
Chris Jung

"Christy" wrote in message
7 years ago today. Welcome, little one.

At 4 weeks of age, he crawled into my lap, and into my heart.
At 7, he still jumps in my lap for snuggles, or when someone sneezes.

At 7 weeks of age, he walked through the front door like he owned the

place.
At 7, he thinks he owns the world.

At 12 weeks, he discovered the wonders of independence, sitting in an
unreachable spot in the yard, looking over his shoulder impudently.
At 7, he gives that impudent glance, but comes.

At 4 months, he discovers the joy of the chase; frisbee, ball, me.
At 7, he perks at things that rhyme with ball, waits to hear the magic

word
frisbee, and would play until he dropped if one of us didn't have the

sense
to stop.

At 6 months, he suffered the indignities of neutering.
At 7, he still pees on every tree, bush and lamp post, marking the world

as
his.

At 8 months, he went to formal obedience class.
At 7, he'd rather tug on the leash than walk on it.

At nine months, he got loose flew down the street nipping at a horse's
heels, barely escaping a bashed-in head.
At 7, he freely shares space with visiting horses, respecting their size

and
avoiding their heels.

As a pup, he was adorable, then a gangly and awkward adolescent, and then

he
bloomed.
At 7, he's still the handsomest dog there ever was and ever will be, even
when the faintest touch of gray has begun to grace his muzzle.

I love ya, big guy. Happy birthday. May we have many more...

Christy

Very nice tribute, Christy. Dakota is a stud muffin - even Zeffie thinks so
and she's quite particular.

Happy Birthday Big Guy!

From your collie cousins, Zeffie and Pablo and one scruffy pretend collie,
Bode

And Chris

Old July 18th 03, 12:37 PM
Chris Jung

"Holier Than Thou" wrote in message
. 3.44...
HAPPY BARKDAY DAKOTA.

why are you askeered of sneezes?

--
BethF, Anchorage, AK

Well it might be a collie thing (Dakota is half collie IIRC).

Dino thought sneezes were funny and gave us jolly nose pokes in response.
Zeffie thought we were doing it just to be annoying and gave us scolding
barks. Pablo is deeply concerned and gives us deep soulful
up-close-and-personal eye contact and, if he can, a gentle nose poke in the
face to see if we are really OK.

Chris, her smoothies and one scruffy,
Zeffie, Pablo and Bode the Wired

Old July 18th 03, 01:20 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"Christy" wrote in news:3sERa.3983$1q6.2441
@nwrddc04.gnilink.net:

7 years ago today. Welcome, little one.

What an amazing tribute.

Happy b-day 'Kota!!

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'And then you turn the corner . . .'
And the DM starts chuckling.

Old July 18th 03, 01:28 PM
Suja

Christy wrote:
I love ya, big guy. Happy birthday. May we have many more...

Happy birthday, Dakota!

That was lovely, Christy. So, did he get anything extra special on his
day?

Suja
Old July 18th 03, 01:35 PM
montana

Late to this thread, but I enjoyed reading about Dakota very much. Happy
Birthday, Dakota - many more healthy years to come!
Old July 18th 03, 07:11 PM
Christy

"Chris Jung" wrote in message

Well it might be a collie thing (Dakota is half collie IIRC).

Yup!

Dino thought sneezes were funny and gave us jolly nose pokes in response.
Zeffie thought we were doing it just to be annoying and gave us scolding
barks. Pablo is deeply concerned and gives us deep soulful
up-close-and-personal eye contact and, if he can, a gentle nose poke in

the
face to see if we are really OK.

I have no idea why Dakota is sneeze-phobic, but he's fairly sound sensitive
and I think it is just the sudden blast that wigs him out. He doesn't care
if you sneeze in the middle of a game of frisbee, but otherwise he'll leave
the room and not come back until you apologize.

Christy

Old July 18th 03, 10:59 PM
Abby Pennington

"Christy" wrote in
:

I have no idea why Dakota is sneeze-phobic, but he's fairly sound
sensitive and I think it is just the sudden blast that wigs him out.
He doesn't care if you sneeze in the middle of a game of frisbee, but
otherwise he'll leave the room and not come back until you apologize.

Suni is the same way!

--
-Abby

Pems, Aussie, and a Pug

****Remove shoes to reply****

Happy Dance time Amanda Tikkanen Dog activities 9 August 16th 04 08:58 PM
Tenzo' Birthday Tenzo Dog breeds 0 April 10th 04 05:39 PM
cop kills happy dog wagging its tail shelly Dog breeds 13 December 9th 03 06:48 PM
Happy Birthday Beau! Amanda Tikkanen Dog breeds 4 July 8th 03 05:29 PM
Happy Birthday Beau! Amanda Tikkanen Dog behavior 4 July 8th 03 05:29 PM