Pacreatitis

Old April 6th 10, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Daniel

Default Pacreatitis

hi

my dog has pancreatitis, it was on the hospital for 4 days and now its
recovery from that problem. but i thing that it life will change from
this problem of pancreas, i mean, special diet, watch its weigth, i
dont know what special considerations i must have with my puppy? its
a 5 months old schnauzer mini, my vet recommend royal canin low fat
digest food and it like it a lot .

Old April 8th 10, 02:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Char

On 4/6/2010 12:15 PM, Daniel wrote:
hi

my dog has pancreatitis, it was on the hospital for 4 days and now its
recovery from that problem. but i thing that it life will change from
this problem of pancreas, i mean, special diet, watch its weigth, i
dont know what special considerations i must have with my puppy? its
a 5 months old schnauzer mini, my vet recommend royal canin low fat
digest food and it like it a lot .

It may be right for your dog, may not be. Here is a website that gives
you a lot of info on how to care for your dog.

http://www.purelypets.com/articles/pancreatitis.htm

Char

Old April 8th 10, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Daniel

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 09:13:37 -0400, Char
wrote:

On 4/6/2010 12:15 PM, Daniel wrote:
hi

my dog has pancreatitis, it was on the hospital for 4 days and now its
recovery from that problem. but i thing that it life will change from
this problem of pancreas, i mean, special diet, watch its weigth, i
dont know what special considerations i must have with my puppy? its
a 5 months old schnauzer mini, my vet recommend royal canin low fat
digest food and it like it a lot .

It may be right for your dog, may not be. Here is a website that gives
you a lot of info on how to care for your dog.

http://www.purelypets.com/articles/pancreatitis.htm

Char

thanks, i will read it

my "Lucca" its fine now, with a lot of energy, and a special diet
Old April 8th 10, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Char

wrote:

On 4/6/2010 12:15 PM, Daniel wrote:
hi

my dog has pancreatitis, it was on the hospital for 4 days and now its
recovery from that problem. but i thing that it life will change from
this problem of pancreas, i mean, special diet, watch its weigth, i
dont know what special considerations i must have with my puppy? its
a 5 months old schnauzer mini, my vet recommend royal canin low fat
digest food and it like it a lot .

It may be right for your dog, may not be. Here is a website that gives
you a lot of info on how to care for your dog.

http://www.purelypets.com/articles/pancreatitis.htm

Char

thanks, i will read it

my "Lucca" its fine now, with a lot of energy, and a special diet

If by "special diet" you mean a dry food prescribed by a vet you will
probably find that it won't work. They seldom do. Let me know, I can
point you in a more productive direction.
Old April 9th 10, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Daniel

wrote:

[...]

yes, my vet give we a RoyalC anin Low Fat Digest , 2 cups at day
Old April 9th 10, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Char

On 4/8/2010 9:35 PM, Daniel wrote:
yes, my vet give we a RoyalC anin Low Fat Digest , 2 cups at day

The problem with that diet is that it makes the pancreas work too hard
because it's got too many ingredients that aren't natural. While you do
want to avoid fat, it's cooked fat that is the problem most of the time.
Unprocessed fat is much better and a requirement for a healthy diet even
in dogs with your condition.

Certain meats may be high in fat, particularly meat from conventionally
raised domestic animals. But do not forget that raw meat is mostly
water. The protein content and fat content of meat is not that much
higher than the protein and fat in kibbled foods. The difference is that
it is raw, more easily digestible, and is of superior quality to protein
and fat in cooked meats. Additionally, the physiology of our pet
carnivores is designed to thrive on protein and fat with little to no
carbohydrate.

Royal Canin has way too many carbohydrates in it. I looked it up and it
has rice as the main ingredient, along with wheat, corn gluten meal,
dried beet pulp, brewers yeast, powdered cellulose, all of which are
carbs and works against your dog's health.

It also has rosemary extract in it which can cause seizures. And it has
sugar in it which should never be fed to dogs.

There are better solutions out there.