PDX: Leash Your Dog

Old July 18th 03, 04:59 AM
Paul J. Berg

Default PDX: Leash Your Dog

A Portland Oregon website for dog haters

http://www.leashyourdog.com/

Old July 18th 03, 05:31 AM
FurPaw

Paul J. Berg wrote:
A Portland Oregon website for dog haters

http://www.leashyourdog.com/

What I don't get is the number of pictures of people that don't
show any dogs. How could that be construed as "evidence" of
violating a leash law? And in a couple of the pictures I saw a
dog on leash and another off leash. Might the off-leash dog
belong to someone else?

I'm of the opinion that responsible dog people leash their dogs
when required to do so by law and clean up their poop. Makes for
better relations with those poor folks who don't have dogs in
their lives.

FurPaw

--
There's no reason to give credence to anything spoken above 90
decibels.

To reply, unleash the dog.

Old July 18th 03, 01:57 PM
Robin Nuttall

"Paul J. Berg" wrote in message
A Portland Oregon website for dog haters

http://www.leashyourdog.com/

Hmmm. Just glanced, but I'm not sure "dog haters" is correct.

Look. If those dogs are in areas where they are supposed to be on leash and
they're not, then that's a problem. Leash laws DO exist, and in areas where
they are in effect, dogs should be ON LEASH. It's part of being a
responsible dog owner.

Old July 18th 03, 03:25 PM
sighthounds etc.

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:57:13 GMT, "Robin Nuttall"
wrote:

"Paul J. Berg" wrote in message
A Portland Oregon website for dog haters

http://www.leashyourdog.com/

Hmmm. Just glanced, but I'm not sure "dog haters" is correct.

Look. If those dogs are in areas where they are supposed to be on leash and
they're not, then that's a problem. Leash laws DO exist, and in areas where
they are in effect, dogs should be ON LEASH. It's part of being a
responsible dog owner.

And dog poop should be picked up on public property. It's people who
don't observe these laws/rules/courtesies that contribute to a "dog
hating" mentality.

Mustang Sally

Old July 18th 03, 04:09 PM
Sionnach

"sighthounds etc." wrote:

And dog poop should be picked up on public property.

Not to mention PRIVATE property that isn't owned by the same person that
owns the dog. G I love dogs, and as you know own three of 'em, but *I*
get seriously pissed off when somebody walks their dog around the block,
lets it take a dump on my front lawn, and then walks away and leaves it. Or,
for that matter, lets it pee on my bushes or- even worse- on on the lovely
flower gardens that two of my neighbors have.

Old July 18th 03, 04:25 PM
Suja

Sionnach wrote:
Not to mention PRIVATE property that isn't owned by the same person that
owns the dog. G I love dogs, and as you know own three of 'em, but *I*
get seriously pissed off when somebody walks their dog around the block,
lets it take a dump on my front lawn, and then walks away and leaves it. Or,
for that matter, lets it pee on my bushes or- even worse- on on the lovely
flower gardens that two of my neighbors have.

I think I saw this on a gardening group, or maybe it was around here.
There was a lady who always allowed her dog to take a dump on one of her
flower beds. She tried talking to the owner, putting a tiny barrier
around it, etc. none of which worked. One day, she picked up the poop
and followed the lady home. After she had gone inside, she left the
poop at her doorstep, rang the bell, and when the woman answered, told
her that every time her dog pooped in her garden, she'll find it at her
doorstep. Woman still didn't pick up the poop, but started walking her
dog on the other side of the street.

Suja
Old July 18th 03, 04:47 PM
sighthounds etc.

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:09:59 -0400, "Sionnach"
wrote:

"sighthounds etc." wrote:

And dog poop should be picked up on public property.

Not to mention PRIVATE property that isn't owned by the same person that
owns the dog. G

Absolutely.

Mustang Sally

Old July 18th 03, 04:59 PM
Paul J. Berg

News Update at http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=59220
Old July 19th 03, 04:06 AM
Paul J. Berg

News Article, Portland Tribune, (July 18, 2003) :
http://www.portlandtribune.com/archview.cgi?id=19225
Old July 19th 03, 04:09 AM
Paul J. Berg