Toxic Levels of Vitamin D found in Nutro Cat Food

Old May 5th 10, 11:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Char

Default Toxic Levels of Vitamin D found in Nutro Cat Food

http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/art...-cat-food.html

Don Earl of Pet Food Products Safety Alliance notified me this evening
regarding some lab test results his (tremendous) organization received
today (May 4, 2010). The lab results found toxic levels of Vitamin D;
over 1,000 times recommended by the National Research Council.

“Test results are back on a sample of what is believed to be Nutro
Chicken Meal and Rice cat food Lot # 09 01 10 11:03. This is from the
same batch of food we tested below on the March 22, 2010 results. The
pet owner's cat nearly died after eating the food for 5 days and the
symptoms appeared to be consistent with toxic levels of Vitamin D.”

Don Earl reported this issue to the FDA hours after receiving the test
results; no one (as of this writing) from the FDA has returned his call.
Read Pet Food Products Safety Alliance story he
http://www.pfpsa.org/news.html

ConsumerAffairs.com has over 500 consumer complaints in the last two
years regarding Nutro Pet Foods. Journalist Lisa McCormick confirmed
with the FDA that Nutro Pet Food was under investigation (by the FDA)
yet no recall has been issued.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...utro_foia.html

How many pets have to die? How many pets have to become ill before the
FDA takes action? The FDA itself has hundreds of reports of sick pets
all linked to this pet food company...why has nothing been done to stop
the deaths and illnesses?

If you or anyone you know feeds a Nutro Pet Food (dog or cat food)
please be very cautious. Please share this pet food warning with other
pet owners.

Old May 6th 10, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
KristinWI

On May 5, 5:57*am, Char wrote:
http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/art...of-vitamin-d-f...

[...]

WHY the heck doesn't anyone care about our pets? I'm so glad I quit
using Nutro years ago. This is so sad, and as far as I'm concerned,
MURDER! How dare they pretend to care just to get our money and harm
our beloved pets?
Old May 7th 10, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Char

On 5/6/2010 8:25 AM, KristinWI wrote:
On May 5, 5:57 am, wrote:
[...]

So what do you feed now?