OT from Dogman, answered

Old May 16th 10, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

Default OT from Dogman, answered

"Dogman" wrote
"cshenk" wrote:

BLUF: you come over as compartmented thinking. You do not seem to 'think
outside the box'.
(BLUF= botton line up first)

What does "thinking outside the box" have to do with sticking to the
rules?

Did you set the rules someplace? Maybe Char is not relatd to the slow
decline of this group. Do you normally tel people where to go and how to do
it like this?

I think you enjoy using words (especially buzzwords) that you don't
even understand, Carol.

I'm not the one who can't follow them. Thats why I am translating them for
you and others if I knowingly use one that another may not know.

Yes, I have dyslexia. It was mentioned in a post to Char.

I try to avoid posts about Char, so I probably didn't see it.

Sorry about that. I'm trying to be topical while you are asking for OT
answers.

No, you're not. You're trying to be difficult, and for some reason, I
don't think that's much of a stretch for you.

I even renamed this one as you are so totally OT.

Short version. I'm not supposed to be able to read at all and have been a
special ed kid. So was Einstein. We function.

The ones who function best are the ones who try to fit into society,
and not just make it difficult for everyone else.

Do you have a clue about dyslexia? There is so much bad info out there.
You seem to think it's just fixed by a spell checker.

The ones who don't, on the other hand, can often be found in prisons,
funny farms, and in academia.

*sigh*

It's nothing to be embarassed about.

Nope, nor am I worried if my spelling tends to be 'unique' or folks
notice
it. I got over that a long time ago. Now and again I trip over a word
never knew I spelled wrong as it looks right to me.

Means (even if not spelled right) to 'shift' or 'to change' or 'move
sideways'. Transition or to transit sideways would be another meaning.
tried dictionary.com but didnt find it. Irritating.

Perhaps that word is "segue"?

Might be! Phonetics the same? 'See-g'

No, they're not the same. Not even close, in fact.

Looks close. Could be southernism pronounciation there. I've heard
'seg-way' and it's the same word in meaning apparently but from another part
of the country.

Which is why your 5th grade teacher told you to use only words that
were easy for you, and that you clearly understood.

My 5th grade teacher didn't have more than a basic vocabulary. You had to
be careful to not use words like 'eschewed' and such or she'd not be able to
follow.

Which is pretty good advice for any of us, don't you think?

For you maybe. I clearly understand the words. I do not desire to confuse
you though. (Obfuscation was not the intent.)

I hope you understand how those of us who do not have dyslexia
soemtimes have a hard time parsing your words?

I hope you can understand that dyslexia comes with stuttering and we tend
have a larger use vocabulary.

Is a lack of consideration for others a symptom of dyslexia?

Is a lack of ability to understand that people with dyslexia have trouble
spelling but are not 'stupid' a symptom of your problems?

For example, being too freakin' lazy to use a spellchecker.

*sigh*

Perhaps that a good reason to use fewer, safer, words?

I'm trying really hard to be polite here. I got over the teacher in 5th
grade who said I couldnt use the word 'edible' when stuttering swapping
and
had to just use 'eat'. She was a freaking idiot.

Seems like she was pretty smart to me. Whether one has dyslexia or
not, it's pretty stupid to use words that one does not understand
oneself, and can't even pronounce correctly.

1- there are many words that ae pronounced differently depending on area.
Missed a spelling test over 'route' once as the teacher called it 'root'.
I'd moved (or rather Mom had with us 3 kids) and didn't know the local way
to say the word was that.

2- People with the real thing tend to have a large lexicon on tap because
you 'swap words' due to the stutter issue. It's NORMAL for us.

What is a "CEO sorta term," and what does it have to do with the word
"tangents"?

Chief Executive Offier and 'business language'.

Tangent is a word used only by CEOs, huh?

Like any word, it is a tool to suit a purpose in expression of an idea.
Verbage is a tool. To approach a work solution tangentally is to think in
innovative ways leading to new possible solutions.

Are you a female chauvinist?

No. I just work in the executive level. Product delivery and
Opportunities.

That's interesting. What kind of "opportunities"?

Currently, yammer (facebook for .mil) is one of them. Looking to beat the
timezone issues for quick questions between Bahrain and Japan when both have
the same SOFA sort of issues and no common modality of shared email address
books. eg: they can't look one another up but now, they can talk almost
real time (RT).

The only relation to here is both have issues with getting qualified dog
handlers. In Japan, tends to be the dogs are trained to Japanese (obviously
the local source) where in the middle east, they are often english trained
to words but the handlers tend to be contracted folks with some level of
english limiters. It works but there isnt a total commonality.

Ok, but you asked so dont 'blame' me later.

I'll blame you anytime I think you should be blamed, thank you very
much.

Sure Honey! Got it fine! Did you grasp that there is no relevant traffic
there yet? Hasnt been for a year or more?

"Honey"?

You disparaged me. I gave it back in a fairly poilite manner.

Old May 16th 10, 09:04 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Phyrie[_3_]

"cshenk" wrote in message

snip of stuff I'm not qualified to discuss

2- People with the real thing tend to have a large lexicon on tap because
you 'swap words' due to the stutter issue. It's NORMAL for us.

I'm sorry, but I must call you out on this one. My youngest granddaughter
was just last week diagnosed with dyslexia. We have spent most of our time
since researching and talking to experts about how best to help her. We now
can see issues that we didn't recognize as dyslexia, but thought it was
inattention, etc. But she does NOT stutter, never has, and for you to say
that all dyslexic people stutter makes you wrong at best, a damn liar at
worst. Our Jenna has a huge vocabulary at 8 years old, and is as smart as
can be. She just needs to learn in a different way. Tools like computers
with spell-check, and ones that will read out loud to her are just some of
the things that are available for her to use to move forward. For you to
thumb your nose at spell-check, and tell the rest of us we just have to deal
with your laziness, is very insulting.

Phyrie

Old May 16th 10, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Char

On 5/16/2010 2:00 AM, cshenk wrote:

Did you set the rules someplace? Maybe Char is not relatd to the slow
decline of this group. Do you normally tel people where to go and how to do
it like this?

It's easy enough to see what was going on prior to me being on this
group by reading the archives. What you see now is actually an improvement.
Old May 16th 10, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

"Phyrie" wrote
"cshenk" wrote

snip of stuff I'm not qualified to discuss

2- People with the real thing tend to have a large lexicon on tap because
you 'swap words' due to the stutter issue. It's NORMAL for us.

I'm sorry, but I must call you out on this one. My youngest granddaughter
was just last week diagnosed with dyslexia. We have spent most of our
time

I'm sorry to hear that. Will they be using the 'total word recognition'
methods? That was what worked for me back in the late 60's.

since researching and talking to experts about how best to help her. We
now can see issues that we didn't recognize as dyslexia, but thought it
was inattention, etc. But she does NOT stutter, never has, and for you to
say that all dyslexic people stutter makes you wrong at best, a damn liar
at

Phyrie, look again. I didnt say 'all dyslexics stutter'. It is however
quite common.

http://www.dys-add.com/symptoms.html#coexist

You'll see it here in the pre-kinderdarden warning signs.

You'll also see it tells you at the very front that not all kids have all
the symptoms.

worst. Our Jenna has a huge vocabulary at 8 years old, and is as smart as
can be. She just needs to learn in a different way.

Correct. People with Dyslexia are not stupid at all.

Tools like computers with spell-check, and ones that will read out loud to
her are just some of the things that are available for her to use to move
forward. For you to thumb your nose at spell-check, and tell the rest of
us we just have to deal with your laziness, is very insulting.

My newsreader doesn't have a spellchecker. Welcome to ask some questions
though if you would like and we can find a more appropriate place to discuss
it. With the right intervention at the right time, most dyslexics do just
fine. Looks like you've found it in time and are taking the right steps.

My email isn't munged if you'd like to ask some questions there.

Old May 16th 10, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

"Char" wrote
cshenk wrote:

Did you set the rules someplace? Maybe Char is not relatd to the slow
decline of this group. Do you normally tel people where to go and how to
do
it like this?

It's easy enough to see what was going on prior to me being on this group
by reading the archives. What you see now is actually an improvement.

Grin, apologies. That came off pretty catty. When I came in, there were
many comments by the ones here that you were the cause. Other than the fact
that you are really intensely into raw feeding (where we part company though
I use many parts of it), you've made alot of sense on many topics.

Old May 16th 10, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison[_3_]

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Char" wrote
cshenk wrote:

Did you set the rules someplace? Maybe Char is not relatd to the slow
decline of this group. Do you normally tel people where to go and how
to do
it like this?

It's easy enough to see what was going on prior to me being on this
group by reading the archives. What you see now is actually an
improvement.

Grin, apologies. That came off pretty catty. When I came in, there were
many comments by the ones here that you were the cause. Other than the
fact that you are really intensely into raw feeding (where we part
company though I use many parts of it), you've made alot of sense on many
topics.

Char's a pussy cat compared to some of the old regulars. I really hope
they don't come back and I really hope you don't leave this group.
Al

Old May 16th 10, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

On Sun, 16 May 2010 01:04:48 -0700, "Phyrie"
wrote:

"cshenk" wrote in message

[...]

I know several dyslexia people, and none of them stutter. Dyslexia is
a visual issue, not a speech issue. The problem I have with Carol's
posts has more to do with typos than misspellings, and sorry, but in
my opinion, people who refuse to use spellcheck to find and correct
typos are lazy. To continue to refuse to do so when people ask you to
is inconsiderate.

Old May 16th 10, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison[_3_]

news
wrote:

I know several dyslexia people, and none of them stutter. Dyslexia is
a visual issue, not a speech issue. The problem I have with Carol's
posts has more to do with typos than misspellings, and sorry, but in
my opinion, people who refuse to use spellcheck to find and correct
typos are lazy. To continue to refuse to do so when people ask you to
is inconsiderate.

My spell check is disabled on my PC It was like that when I got
it.If anyone can tell me how to enable it, I'd be greatful.
I don't find typos and mispelling a problem as I usually get the gist. I
find the single line reply at the end of a long, long post more annoying-
Al

Old May 16th 10, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

"Alison" wrote
"Char" wrote

"cshenk" wrote

It's easy enough to see what was going on prior to me being on this
group by reading the archives. What you see now is actually an
improvement.

Grin, apologies. That came off pretty catty. When I came in, there were
many comments by the ones here that you were the cause. Other than the
fact that you are really intensely into raw feeding (where we part
company though I use many parts of it), you've made alot of sense on many
topics.

Char's a pussy cat compared to some of the old regulars. I really hope
they don't come back and I really hope you don't leave this group.

I don't really know about the old regulars, being fairly new but honestly I
don't have any issues with Char. I may 'disagree' with her at times but
she's not a bad person.

I don't particularily plan to leave the group although we've moved at least
part of the 'how to train your dog to run with a bike' to ther
rpd.activities. I think it's wrong this time, but with no input from the
rest and seeing as Caroline (main person I had questions of) is there, I can
work with it. My experience with Fidonet tells me you concentrate traffic
to the most used places. We havent hit critical sustaining traffic here yet.
Splitting some of it off to 'elsewhere' probably isn't good for us.

Grin, on the OT rampage that I have dyslexia, that will go away. If you
think about it though, it's the others being rude as hell to ME over
something I have no control over. I guess they figure I can fire up Word
and copy every message over then spell check then copy it back and correct
all the attributes to make them more 'comfy'. Makes me wonder what they
will say to a blind person who's screenreader can't be reset from top
posting without a sighted person to do it for them in every message (no, not
all have that problem but some do).

Interesting side thought. I haven't see anyone with a service dog for the
blind post here. If they are, it hasn't been mentioned. rpc.anecdotes and
rpc.health+behavior as well as several other places I travel have quite a
few. You've been here for a bit. Do you know any reason for that? If they
just don't know about this place I can invite a few. Not all of them top
post and 2 of them are quite able with their software to 'middle post'.

Old May 16th 10, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

wrote:

I know several dyslexia people, and none of them stutter. Dyslexia is
a visual issue, not a speech issue. The problem I have with Carol's
posts has more to do with typos than misspellings, and sorry, but in
my opinion, people who refuse to use spellcheck to find and correct
typos are lazy. To continue to refuse to do so when people ask you to
is inconsiderate.

My spell check is disabled on my PC It was like that when I got
it.If anyone can tell me how to enable it, I'd be greatful.
I don't find typos and mispelling a problem as I usually get the gist. I
find the single line reply at the end of a long, long post more annoying-

I didn't, either, until recently, and a few typos aren't a big deal.
Sentences that are riddled with them are, unfortunately, a problem for
me, and you can be sure I wish they weren't. I wouldn't have talked
about this because I am a fairly private person, but since I'm
supposedly being rude to Carol over something she has no control over,
what the hell. I've been severely nearsighted all my life, but since
my brain surgery I've had nystagmus. This means that things that
aren't moving - such as letters on a screen, trees, road signs, the
ground - look as though they are. It's quite delighful and causes
dizziness, disorientation and profound fatigue because just simply
seeing is a lot of work. It's a disability, and needless to say I
have no control over it. On top of that, I now have cataracts. so I
really can't see worth a damn.

But, hey, I wouldn't want to inconvenience anybody else on my account.