Sweet, Neutered Male Pitbull in Reno, NV

Old June 3rd 10, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Connie Davies

Default Sweet, Neutered Male Pitbull in Reno, NV

I am trying to find a good home for a pitbull that I rescued from one
of my son's roommates. The guy's girlfriend moved to LA in December
and left the dog with him. They were not allowed to have pets at
their house so he tried to hide the dog. He kept this poor, sweet dog
in a crate 24 hours a day, only taking him out 3 or 4 times for maybe
5 minutes. My son was upset about this and I offered to take the dog
and either keep him, or try to find him a good home. Last week the
guy said he was moving into an apartment and couldn't take the dog and
asked me to take him. He said if I didn't take him he'd have to take
him to the pound. That broke my heart so I brought the dog home.

I already have 3 dogs and I've figured out I don't have the time to
devote to this poor socially deprived dog. He is a "razor's edge"
pitbull and is pretty small (@50 lbs maybe--see pics). He is a year
and a half old. His spirit is not broken and he is a very sweet and
happy dog---surprisingly. He has a great temperment and is very
exuberant and really appreciates his life not being in a crate all the
time. He's very lovable and wants to sit on your lap!! So cute!! I
want to try to keep him until I can find him a good home but I need
some help because I'm not sure how long I can do it.

I've only had him for about a week and he is already getting so much
better, but he needs someone who can devote more time to helping him
adjust to the world. He has so much potential and will make someone a
great pet. I hope you can help me.

Thank you, Connie Davies Reno, NV

3 attachments Download all attachments View all images
photo[3].jpg
148K View Download
photo[1].jpg
229K View Download
photo[2].jpg
146K View Download
Old October 19th 10, 10:34 PM
Dog Freedom Dog Freedom is offline
Junior Member

I can help you with your problem. There is a way for them to have the dog in there apartment and the landlord has to let the animal stay and they wont have to pay a pet deposit ever again. It is really cool and it works....