Apologies?

Old July 19th 03, 02:46 AM
bentcajungirl

Default Apologies?

When I am doing something and Lucee lurks about underfoot (she's not
supposed to, she's is supposed to hang out on the sofa) and I accidentally
bump her or step on her foot, I apologize and kiss the boo-boo. Then tell
her to get on the sofa. Sometimes just us meandering around the house,
we'll trip up over each other. I feel bad, I apologize and give her pets
and hugs, but I wonder if she understands it's an apology....
What about you guys and gals?
Perry
bentcajungirl

Old July 19th 03, 03:01 AM
montana

In article ,
"bentcajungirl" wrote:

When I am doing something and Lucee lurks about underfoot (she's not
supposed to, she's is supposed to hang out on the sofa) and I accidentally
bump her or step on her foot, I apologize and kiss the boo-boo. Then tell
her to get on the sofa. Sometimes just us meandering around the house,
we'll trip up over each other. I feel bad, I apologize and give her pets
and hugs, but I wonder if she understands it's an apology....
What about you guys and gals?
Perry
bentcajungirl

I apologize and give pats & hugs.
Old July 19th 03, 05:46 AM
culprit

"bentcajungirl" wrote in message
When I am doing something and Lucee lurks about underfoot (she's not
supposed to, she's is supposed to hang out on the sofa) and I accidentally
bump her or step on her foot, I apologize and kiss the boo-boo. Then tell
her to get on the sofa. Sometimes just us meandering around the house,
we'll trip up over each other. I feel bad, I apologize and give her pets
and hugs, but I wonder if she understands it's an apology....
What about you guys and gals?

absolutely. i know that my dogs apologize to me if they accidentally put
their teeth on me in play. they stop immediately and lick my chin and my
hands.

and yes i know that they're really just showing submission, to show that
they weren't taking liberties with their pack leader, but i like to think of
it as an apology.

but yes, i think they understand completely. :-)

-kelly

Old July 19th 03, 07:17 AM
BethF

"bentcajungirl" wrote in message
When I am doing something and Lucee lurks about underfoot (she's not
supposed to, she's is supposed to hang out on the sofa) and I accidentally
bump her or step on her foot, I apologize and kiss the boo-boo. Then tell
her to get on the sofa. Sometimes just us meandering around the house,
we'll trip up over each other. I feel bad, I apologize and give her pets
and hugs, but I wonder if she understands it's an apology....
What about you guys and gals?

I don't know if they understand apologies per say - but i do the same.

If Kavik or Tok get stepped on or hurt, I always give the offending boo-boo
a kiss and say "all better". The other day Kavik and tok were wrestling in
the backyard and Kavik ran into the deck, injuring a paw. He yelped and
then limped over to me for his kiss and "all better" before returning to
play.

I think he likes the fuss being made over him.

Old July 19th 03, 07:19 AM
BethF

"Chris Williams" wrote in message
Do you ever get into the:
"Oops, sorry. My fault."
"Oh, no! My fault," they say.
"I insist. I'm awkward."
"No, it's me. I'm a bad, in-the-way dog."

Never.

My guys feel entitled to be underfoot and sulk when i ask them to move out
of the way. They do it, but they sulk. If I step on them its definitely
all my fault vbg

Old July 19th 03, 11:43 AM
Chris Jung

"bentcajungirl" wrote in message
When I am doing something and Lucee lurks about underfoot (she's not
supposed to, she's is supposed to hang out on the sofa) and I accidentally
bump her or step on her foot, I apologize and kiss the boo-boo. Then tell
her to get on the sofa. Sometimes just us meandering around the house,
we'll trip up over each other. I feel bad, I apologize and give her pets
and hugs, but I wonder if she understands it's an apology....
What about you guys and gals?
Perry
bentcajungirl

I always apologies to my collies when I bump or step on them. They are
polite to me so it's only fair that I'm polite to them. I think they
understand I make oopsies and appreciate my apologies. And I've noticed
it's a good example of the way to live & act to Soren. He apologizes to them
too if he bumps them - even if it's so slight they didn't even notice. He's
getting to be a good kid.

OTOH the other side effect of Soren's growing compassion is that I'm no
longer permitted to talk trash to Pablo. Pablo likes to snuggle in my lap
(well he can snuggle his front half anyway) and press his head under my chin
while I stroke him and mutter that he's just horrible - a terrible, terrible
good-for-nothin' smoothie and rotten to the core to boot. Soren says I hurt
Pablo's feelings with that kind of talk so I should only say nice things. I
then started to baby talk Pablo which Soren didn't like either. Now I mutter
to Pablo that he's the toughest he-man collie around ("You're just Rough,
Tough and hard to Bluff . . . Wild and Wooly too. . . Waaay too fierce and
ferocious") which does meet Soren's approval. Pablo doesn't care as long as
he gets his cuddle time.

Chris, her smoothies and one scruffy
Zeffie, Pablo the Fierce & Ferocious cuddle-bug, and Bode-Pup

Old July 19th 03, 01:41 PM
bentcajungirl

I say "Bless you!" when Lucee sneezes. I swear, Maggie, used to smile at
her "bless yous", like she was saying "thanks, ma"
Perry
bentcajungirl
.. .

Old July 19th 03, 08:27 PM
Suja

bentcajungirl wrote:

When I am doing something and Lucee lurks about underfoot (she's not
supposed to, she's is supposed to hang out on the sofa) and I accidentally
bump her or step on her foot, I apologize and kiss the boo-boo. Then tell
her to get on the sofa. Sometimes just us meandering around the house,
we'll trip up over each other. I feel bad, I apologize and give her pets
and hugs, but I wonder if she understands it's an apology....
What about you guys and gals?

But of course! I apologize to people for stuff like that, so why not
apologize to dogs? And, I think that they understand. Khan knows the
difference between 'I'm sorry sweetie, I didn't mean to do that' and
'I'm sorry sweetie, I can't take you with me'. The first means that I
didn't mean to hurt him, and it is no big deal, and the later that I'm a
no good meanie pants who is depriving him of his inalienable right to
car rides.

Suja

Old July 20th 03, 01:32 AM
dogsnus

"bentcajungirl" wrote in
:

When I am doing something and Lucee lurks about underfoot (she's not
supposed to, she's is supposed to hang out on the sofa) and I accidentally
bump her or step on her foot, I apologize and kiss the boo-boo. Then tell
her to get on the sofa. Sometimes just us meandering around the house,
we'll trip up over each other. I feel bad, I apologize and give her pets
and hugs, but I wonder if she understands it's an apology....
What about you guys and gals?

Oh yeah. The trio knows it's suck up time when I say,
"I'm sorry", (for tripping over them while they are laying
dead in the path of human feet.)

Terri