[OT] Ping Gwen (Old Navy Frisbees)

Old July 19th 03, 03:16 AM
Dimpled Chad

Default [OT] Ping Gwen (Old Navy Frisbees)

Gwen (and anyone else intersted):

Are you still looking for Old Navy Frisbees? They're in stock now (along with
cute stuffed bird squeak toys, which Frankie now loves...)

Just FYI.
Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

Get thee down. Be thou funky.

Old July 21st 03, 02:20 PM
Gwen Watson

Dimpled Chad wrote:

Gwen (and anyone else intersted):

Are you still looking for Old Navy Frisbees? They're in stock now (along with
cute stuffed bird squeak toys, which Frankie now loves...)

Just FYI.
Chad

Are they? Are they the ones made out of rubber? If so I am headed that
way today! If they are the typical plastic kind than Pets Mart will do for
that.

I sure hope that the answer to this is the heavy rubber kind. Blade has
managed to lose 3 this summer at the lake when body surfing and carrying
the frisbee. Then getting so excited and dropping it summer down the
shoreline. So they are quickly declining in numbers.

Gwen

Old July 21st 03, 02:28 PM
Dimpled Chad

On 21 Jul 2003, Gwen Watson opined:

Dimpled Chad wrote:

Gwen (and anyone else intersted):

Are you still looking for Old Navy Frisbees? They're in stock now
(along with cute stuffed bird squeak toys, which Frankie now loves...)

Just FYI.
Chad

Are they? Are they the ones made out of rubber? If so I am headed that
way today! If they are the typical plastic kind than Pets Mart will do
for that.

I sure hope that the answer to this is the heavy rubber kind. Blade has
managed to lose 3 this summer at the lake when body surfing and carrying
the frisbee. Then getting so excited and dropping it summer down the
shoreline. So they are quickly declining in numbers.

Gwen

The ones I saw were heavy rubber, yes. This is in Chicagoland, and I'm not
sure how universal they are, but they're in stock here.

On the bird-toy: Frankie *loves* it. His first toy ever was from Old Navy, a
bear we got on the way to the rescue to pick him up. It was named beary, and
it has been more resilient than all of his other toys, even though it gets
the most attention.

His new bird toy is now named birdy (so he's got beary and birdy). He might
have trouble deciding now which is his favorite.

I'm not at all sure what it is about Old Navy's plush toys, but they are a
big hit for Frankie.

Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

Nothing is impossible unless you have to do it yourself.

Old July 21st 03, 03:09 PM
Gwen Watson

Dimpled Chad wrote:
Chad, morning to you.g

The ones I saw were heavy rubber, yes. This is in Chicagoland, and I'm not

sure how universal they are, but they're in stock here.

Great. I am calling them up at 10:00 am. I will be asking. If they have
any I am going to ask for 10 and I will pick them up after noon today.

On the bird-toy: Frankie *loves* it. His first toy ever was from Old Navy, a
bear we got on the way to the rescue to pick him up. It was named beary, and
it has been more resilient than all of his other toys, even though it gets
the most attention.

That is cute. I will look for something for Reznor. He got a squeeky green
plush bear for his puppy graduation. He loves it but is already tearing it up.
Puppies can definitely be very hard on those stuffed, plush toys.

His new bird toy is now named birdy (so he's got beary and birdy). He might
have trouble deciding now which is his favorite.

I bet he will. The more toys the better though. Or so it seems.

I'm not at all sure what it is about Old Navy's plush toys, but they are a
big hit for Frankie.

Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

Nothing is impossible unless you have to do it yourself.

Thanks for letting me know Chad. I had quit going to Old Navy because
they had discontinued these grand frisbees.

Gwen

Old July 21st 03, 03:17 PM
Dimpled Chad

On 21 Jul 2003, Gwen Watson opined:

Thanks for letting me know Chad. I had quit going to Old Navy because
they had discontinued these grand frisbees.

Their dog-stock is rather hit and miss. They went for *months* without plush
toys (and frisbees, too, IIRC). Then they were there. They also sometimes
have leashes, bowls, rubber squeek toys, bandanas, etc. But they come and go
too....

We never would have seen them if DW didn't need a new skirt.

This bird is really cute: bright blue with read rope tail and feet, and red
stitching 'old navy' in the side.

Chad

Old July 21st 03, 03:19 PM
Gwen Watson

Dimpled Chad wrote:

On 21 Jul 2003, Gwen Watson opined:

Thanks for letting me know Chad. I had quit going to Old Navy because
they had discontinued these grand frisbees.

Their dog-stock is rather hit and miss. They went for *months* without plush
toys (and frisbees, too, IIRC). Then they were there. They also sometimes
have leashes, bowls, rubber squeek toys, bandanas, etc. But they come and go
too....

Indeed. When I called this year they said they were considering discontinuing
dog items
all together. It really makes no sense because I am sure they got enough sales
on
what little they carried.

We never would have seen them if DW didn't need a new skirt.

This bird is really cute: bright blue with read rope tail and feet, and red
stitching 'old navy' in the side.

Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

Nothing is impossible unless you have to do it yourself.

I may have to get Reznor a little bird. Though he is a pretty rough
dog for his size.

Gwen

Old July 21st 03, 03:32 PM
Gwen Watson

Dimpled Chad wrote:

On 21 Jul 2003, Gwen Watson opined:

I may have to get Reznor a little bird. Though he is a pretty rough
dog for his size.

If they have one go for it. He might wear it out faster than wee-Frankie, but
he will probably enjoy every minute of it....

Chad

Chad does it make a noise of some sort. If you already mentioned
this sorry. It is Monday and I am having serious trouble waking up
today.)

Gwen

Old July 21st 03, 03:38 PM
Dimpled Chad

Dimpled Chad wrote:

On 21 Jul 2003, Gwen Watson opined:

I may have to get Reznor a little bird. Though he is a pretty rough
dog for his size.

If they have one go for it. He might wear it out faster than
wee-Frankie, but he will probably enjoy every minute of it....

Chad

Chad does it make a noise of some sort. If you already mentioned
this sorry. It is Monday and I am having serious trouble waking up
today.)

Gwen

Gosh yes. A nice squeeker with a goodly amount of padding around it. Beary
does too, and it has survived the almost two years of chewing Frankie has
inflicted upon it....

Chad

Old July 21st 03, 03:57 PM
Gwen Watson

Dimpled Chad wrote:

Gosh yes. A nice squeeker with a goodly amount of padding around it. Beary
does too, and it has survived the almost two years of chewing Frankie has
inflicted upon it....

Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

Nothing is impossible unless you have to do it yourself.

Wonderful! That will be my errand at lunch today. Sounds like
fun and money spending.

Gwen

Old July 21st 03, 04:06 PM
Dimpled Chad

Dimpled Chad wrote:

Gosh yes. A nice squeeker with a goodly amount of padding around it. Beary
does too, and it has survived the almost two years of chewing Frankie has
inflicted upon it....

Chad

Wonderful! That will be my errand at lunch today. Sounds like
fun and money spending.

*yay* The toy, btw, was $4.95.

Chad

--