New and bad behavior - Dachshund

Old August 22nd 10, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

Default New and bad behavior - Dachshund

Hi all... thanks in advance for reading me. Jubilee, my 2 y.o. Dachshund,
has started some really bad behavior. When we go out (we meaning me, my
Basset Hound and Chihuahua and Jubi), he runs into the kennel I built in the
back of my garage. He acts AFRAID of me being in the backyard. In the
mornings, the boys (my 3 dogs) go out about 6 a.m. When I get up, Jubilee
has now started pooping and peeing on my screened in porch. The only scary
thing that has happened in the past month or so is a visit from a snapping
turtle that ended up in my (fully fenced) back yard. The turtle bit Jubi on
the nose. Not bad... no need for a vet visit or anything. But Jubi was
showing these signs (of being afraid) b4 the turtle visit. I'm posting
today b/c it's been raining since early this morning and Jubi will NOT go
out. It's getting worse as time goes by. I appreciate any and all
suggestions!!

TIA!!

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old August 22nd 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dogman[_3_]

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 14:40:11 -0400, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~"
wrote:

Hi all... thanks in advance for reading me. Jubilee, my 2 y.o. Dachshund,
has started some really bad behavior.

Has he been vaccinated lately? Heh.

When we go out (we meaning me, my
Basset Hound and Chihuahua and Jubi), he runs into the kennel I built in the
back of my garage. He acts AFRAID of me being in the backyard. In the
mornings, the boys (my 3 dogs) go out about 6 a.m. When I get up, Jubilee
has now started pooping and peeing on my screened in porch.

Why? Aren't you taking him outside in time?

The only scary
thing that has happened in the past month or so is a visit from a snapping
turtle that ended up in my (fully fenced) back yard. The turtle bit Jubi on
the nose. Not bad... no need for a vet visit or anything.

Do you know if the turtle had been vaccinated? Heh.

But Jubi was
showing these signs (of being afraid) b4 the turtle visit.

Then it couldn't be the turtle, right?

I'm posting
today b/c it's been raining since early this morning and Jubi will NOT go
out.

Lot's of dogs don't like peeing or pooping in the rain. Especially
small dogs.

Also, do you just send him outside to pee or poop, rather than TAKE
him outside?

Seriously, try using an umbrella or rain parka and TAKE him outside,
maybe to a spot under a tree where the rain isn't coming down very
hard, or to his favorite spot, and see if that doesn't help.

As far as being "afraid" to go outside goes, give it some time, but
don't buy into his "fear." Don't reinforce it by paying a lot of
attention to him when he acts "afraid." Just resume acting
matter-of-factly about it. And continue to TAKE him outside as often
as possible. If he doesn't revert to his "old" self pretty quickly,
have a good trainer or behaviorist come over to your house and take a
look.

Good luck!

--
Dogman
Old August 22nd 10, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sonofdog

[...]

your Dachshund has a telepathic capabilities, he new up front turtle will
visit him, but due to some disturbances of aura by HAARP system your
Dachshund has stopped reading the future and still stays in shock.
To cure him you have to purchase that turtle, make a soup from it (no
salt, salt is bad for dogs) and serve it to your Dachshund according to
home cooking/feeding principles.. Before you do this make sure all your
contacts with Ninjas are suspended, not even by email or reading any
Ninja's newsgroups. Good luck & take care.
--
sonofdog
Old August 22nd 10, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

wrote:

Hi all... thanks in advance for reading me. Jubilee, my 2 y.o. Dachshund,
has started some really bad behavior.

Has he been vaccinated lately? Heh.

Silly Dogman. It doesn't have to be recent!

Lot's of dogs don't like peeing or pooping in the rain. Especially
small dogs.

And Dachshunds are among the worst in that regard.

Old August 23rd 10, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

wrote:

Hi all... thanks in advance for reading me. Jubilee, my 2 y.o.
Dachshund,
has started some really bad behavior.

Has he been vaccinated lately? Heh.

FWIW, yes. All three of my dogs are *always* current on vaccinations.

When we go out (we meaning me, my
Basset Hound and Chihuahua and Jubi), he runs into the kennel I built in
the
back of my garage. He acts AFRAID of me being in the backyard. In the
mornings, the boys (my 3 dogs) go out about 6 a.m. When I get up, Jubilee
has now started pooping and peeing on my screened in porch.

Why? Aren't you taking him outside in time?

They're let out about once an hour if they've been in with me. In the
summer time, they're out back a lot. They can hang inside the garage in
their kennel, or what out to the screened in porch, or go outside to the
back yard. They have more free range then my whole house does!! They're
spoiled rotten!!

The only scary
thing that has happened in the past month or so is a visit from a snapping
turtle that ended up in my (fully fenced) back yard. The turtle bit Jubi
on
the nose. Not bad... no need for a vet visit or anything.

Do you know if the turtle had been vaccinated? Heh.

Mr. Turtle was quite the wild and ugly thing. He was also very big. I
ended up guiding him into a box and then I dumped him over my neighbors (4
ft. high) fence b/c they have a huge pond in their yard. I did not see a
color on Mr. Turtle, so I doubt he was current on his turtle shots.

But Jubi was
showing these signs (of being afraid) b4 the turtle visit.

Then it couldn't be the turtle, right?

Well, no... but maybe whatever scared Jubi became even worse after Mr.
Turtle visited!!

I'm posting
today b/c it's been raining since early this morning and Jubi will NOT go
out.

Lot's of dogs don't like peeing or pooping in the rain. Especially
small dogs.

True. My Chihuahua will reluctantly do it if I'm out there telling him his
dog command to "hurry up".

Also, do you just send him outside to pee or poop, rather than TAKE
him outside?

They go out by themselves all of the time.

Seriously, try using an umbrella or rain parka and TAKE him outside,
maybe to a spot under a tree where the rain isn't coming down very
hard, or to his favorite spot, and see if that doesn't help.

No trees in my back yard!!

As far as being "afraid" to go outside goes, give it some time, but
don't buy into his "fear." Don't reinforce it by paying a lot of
attention to him when he acts "afraid." Just resume acting
matter-of-factly about it. And continue to TAKE him outside as often
as possible. If he doesn't revert to his "old" self pretty quickly,
have a good trainer or behaviorist come over to your house and take a
look.

Good luck!

Thanks!! With a little coaxing, he did go out and pee. I praised and
praised him. Hopefully, this is just a burp in his stubborn Dachshund
ways!!

Again, many thanks!!
--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Old August 23rd 10, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

wrote:

Hi all... thanks in advance for reading me. Jubilee, my 2 y.o.
Dachshund,
has started some really bad behavior.

Has he been vaccinated lately? Heh.

Silly Dogman. It doesn't have to be recent!

Lot's of dogs don't like peeing or pooping in the rain. Especially
small dogs.

And Dachshunds are among the worst in that regard.

That's what I've been reading. It's just odd that, all of a sudden he
started doing this. I will be patient with him... altho' it better stop b4
the first snowfall!!!

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Old August 23rd 10, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dogman[_3_]

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:18:49 -0400, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Hi all... thanks in advance for reading me. Jubilee, my 2 y.o.
Dachshund,
has started some really bad behavior.

Has he been vaccinated lately? Heh.

FWIW, yes. All three of my dogs are *always* current on vaccinations.

Sorry, that was an inside joke.

When we go out (we meaning me, my
Basset Hound and Chihuahua and Jubi), he runs into the kennel I built in
the
back of my garage. He acts AFRAID of me being in the backyard. In the
mornings, the boys (my 3 dogs) go out about 6 a.m. When I get up, Jubilee
has now started pooping and peeing on my screened in porch.

Why? Aren't you taking him outside in time?

They're let out about once an hour if they've been in with me. In the
summer time, they're out back a lot. They can hang inside the garage in
their kennel, or what out to the screened in porch, or go outside to the
back yard. They have more free range then my whole house does!! They're
spoiled rotten!!

But why aren't you TAKING them outside?

[...]
I'm posting
today b/c it's been raining since early this morning and Jubi will NOT go
out.

Lot's of dogs don't like peeing or pooping in the rain. Especially
small dogs.

True. My Chihuahua will reluctantly do it if I'm out there telling him his
dog command to "hurry up".

That's why you should always TAKE them outside to go. Rain or no
rain, snow or no snow.

Also, do you just send him outside to pee or poop, rather than TAKE
him outside?

They go out by themselves all of the time.

But she's going on your porch, right? Which means she probably didn't
go when you thought she had.

TAKING them outside to go is a good way to find out things about your
dogs. What does their poop look like? Are they straining to go? Is
there any blood in the urine or feces? It can also tell you what else
may be going on outside, too, like signs of raccoons, coyotes, etc.,
or even RABID turtles (just kidding about that last one). Plus, it
will make them go faster.

Seriously, try using an umbrella or rain parka and TAKE him outside,
maybe to a spot under a tree where the rain isn't coming down very
hard, or to his favorite spot, and see if that doesn't help.

No trees in my back yard!!

Then buy a golf umbrella. The bigger the better.

As far as being "afraid" to go outside goes, give it some time, but
don't buy into his "fear." Don't reinforce it by paying a lot of
attention to him when he acts "afraid." Just resume acting
matter-of-factly about it. And continue to TAKE him outside as often
as possible. If he doesn't revert to his "old" self pretty quickly,
have a good trainer or behaviorist come over to your house and take a
look.

Good luck!

Thanks!! With a little coaxing, he did go out and pee. I praised and
praised him.

Just don't praise him when he appears to be acting fearful!

Hopefully, this is just a burp in his stubborn Dachshund
ways!!

Probably.

Again, many thanks!!

You bet.

--
Dogman
Old August 23rd 10, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Char

wrote:

Hi all... thanks in advance for reading me. Jubilee, my 2 y.o.
Dachshund,
has started some really bad behavior.

Has he been vaccinated lately? Heh.

FWIW, yes. All three of my dogs are *always* current on vaccinations.

Sorry, that was an inside joke.

The symptoms this dog has is no joke and vsccines have been proven to
cause behavioral problems. Instead of giving links to back up what I say
I decided to do what you do, tell you to Google it Caveman.

Old August 23rd 10, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Char

wrote:

Hi all... thanks in advance for reading me. Jubilee, my 2 y.o.
Dachshund,
has started some really bad behavior.

Has he been vaccinated lately? Heh.

FWIW, yes. All three of my dogs are *always* current on vaccinations.

What does that mean? How often are they vaccinated and what kind do they
get?

Old August 23rd 10, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dogman[_3_]

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 21:07:13 -0400, Char
wrote:

[...]
FWIW, yes. All three of my dogs are *always* current on vaccinations.

Sorry, that was an inside joke.

The symptoms this dog has is no joke and vsccines have been proven to
cause behavioral problems. Instead of giving links to back up what I say
I decided to do what you do, tell you to Google it Caveman.

In your case, Char, not providing links is pretty much de rigeur
anyway, isn't it? And on those rare occasions when you do, it's to
sites that have more in common with the practice of voodoo than of
medicine or science.

--
Dogman