Idiot Neighbors (vent)

Old July 20th 03, 02:00 AM
montana

Default Idiot Neighbors (vent)

In article ,
"Tara O." wrote:

"montana" wrote in message

Poor puppy. I really hope it survives. I know the kids really like dogs;
particularly one little girl. I know if I talk to her, she'll get into
trouble with her mom.

How sad Try to keep a camera with film and a date recorder nearby so
that if you ever see the woman out there with the puppy you can be ready to
take a pic if she raises her hand to it. You can also try to document, with
pictures and a journal, the dog's growth and appearance (IOW if they are
going to starve him the pictures will be evidence for AC). Since they
likely have a police record for disturbance calls, it wouldn't be hard to
convince AC of neglect or abuse should that occur.

--
Tara

There's no place to hide to take the photos, so it will put our own dogs
in jeopardy, as well as the dogs that stay with the woman across the
street from them (whom they regularly harass). While I understand that
you can't let bullies win and that neighbor wars are civil matters, the
costs can be too dear.
Old July 20th 03, 02:34 AM
montana

"bentcajungirl" wrote:

I didn't know you lived so close to me. Same neighbors, verbatim. I swear.
I have kept a year long diary of what goes on with my neighbor hood problem.
Same kind of familial dysfunction, etc. The latest was the dog, who
probably really is sweet, daily got under the fence he was tied to. This is
South Louisiana, ok. July. The dog would be trapped by 6" of his tether on
the other side of the fence and neighbors would be gone all day every day.
I think they only came home to feed him. Every day for weeks this under the
fence and trapped routine. The neighbor mom drags him out to his side, the
dog is overjoyed daily to be "rescued" so because of his enthusiasm and lack
of training he jumps on her. She beats him down. It is sickening. I have
tried the animal control route and to actually catch someone in the act is
tough. I hate to say it, but hopefully the dog will just die from heartworms
or neglect soon enough and be out of his misery.
Perry
bentcajungirl

Too many people like that.

My problem is that someone is always home and since the poisoning, I
don't think they'll leave the dog out back unattended. If they did leave
the pup out and they left the house for a while, it's possible that
someone might disappear that puppy.

It's amazing that one family can basically hold a whole street hostage.
The only good news is that the police have asked us to call on a
"private" number and remind the dispatcher that the family has a police
scanner before anybody says anything, so they won't let something slip
"on air". We also have a scanner, which is how we knew they had beat up
a neighbor who asked them to quiet an out-of-control party because it
was upsetting his baby. We also called (as did everyone else) when a
group of about fifty people poured into the street and started beating
each other up.

We have learned that unless you put up "No Trespassing" signs, you can't
get the cops to do anything but "strongly advise" the neighbors not to
go into your back yard and refuse to leave when you request it of them.
We'd love to get them into mediation and try to figure out a truce, but
there's no reason for them to cooperate, and nothing can be done unless
someone gets hurt (they don't fall into "stalking" territory).
Old July 20th 03, 02:57 AM
bentcajungirl

There's no place to hide to take the photos, so it will put our own dogs
in jeopardy,
My greatest fear is retaliation. On my dog (s).
Perry
bentcajungirl

Old July 20th 03, 03:39 PM
Dimpled Chad

On 19 Jul 2003, montana opined:

In article ,
"Tara O." wrote:

"montana" wrote in message

[...]

Blech. That's just awful. Any way you could have a chat with the AC officer
to maybe drive by every now and then to personally view the situation? Maybe
some anonymous calls?

Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

Nothing is impossible unless you have to do it yourself.

Old July 20th 03, 06:53 PM
jokerpit

I really do not believe what I have just read. This thread has made me ill
to my stomach. I have not ever seen people be so totally repulsive as
montana and bentcajun girls conversation. You obviously do not have any kind
of lives, and you discust me in ways I never thought possible. Other than to
rat out people, pass judgement, and the obvious repulsiveness of the
statement, " I hope he dies of heartworms" you have proved to me I will not
be a part of this NG.....No doubt this will not hurt your feelings because
you are so narrow minded and have such nasty ATTITUDES...JOKER
"montana" wrote in message
Dimpled Chad wrote:

Blech. That's just awful. Any way you could have a chat with the AC

officer
to maybe drive by every now and then to personally view the situation?

Maybe
some anonymous calls?

The AC doesn't do drive-bys, but it would be difficult for them to see
anything (the woman didn't sit on her front porch hitting the dog for
more than a minute or two) and even anonymous calls would be interpreted
to have come from the woman from across the street (their main target at
the moment). I want to do nothing that would escalate the situation and
particularly nothing that could wind up harming this perfectly lovely
woman across the street.

THe only thing I can think of is trying to walk by more often with Bella
and see if we can meet the puppy. We have been unsuccessful so far. I
feel that if we can meet the puppy, we can find a way to help them train
(a tiny bit at a time) without seeming overbearing.

Old July 20th 03, 08:59 PM
montana

"jokerpit" wrote:

I really do not believe what I have just read. This thread has made me ill
to my stomach. I have not ever seen people be so totally repulsive as
montana and bentcajun girls conversation. You obviously do not have any kind
of lives, and you discust me in ways I never thought possible. Other than to
rat out people, pass judgement, and the obvious repulsiveness of the
statement, " I hope he dies of heartworms" you have proved to me I will not
be a part of this NG.....No doubt this will not hurt your feelings because
you are so narrow minded and have such nasty ATTITUDES...JOKER
"montana" wrote in message

The only time I "ratted out" my neighbors was when fifty people poured
out of their house and started fighting in the street.

Cite where I hoped the dog would die. I never said anything of the kind.

You're right; I do pass judgement on people whom I witness hitting their
dog. If I continue to make you ill, please use your killfile so you will
not be any further upset.
Old July 20th 03, 09:20 PM
Dimpled Chad

Dimpled Chad wrote:

Another troll, montana, not much worth commenting on...

I did some research, and I am now doubtful that it is a troll. So I'm
sorry for using that label.

Regardless, it is fairly clear that he didn't read and/or understand you
well. That was too bad....

Still not worth commenting on...

Chad
--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

I still read the New York Times
Old July 21st 03, 01:03 AM
bentcajungirl

Joker,
It's not a perfect world. I don't like the situation as it is. I have made
dozens of complaint reports in person to the police, not to be malicious,
but to try and get something productive done. I have been to and called the
animal shelter to talk with the workers there. This area does not support
animal protection the way some other areas do. The animal protection
guidelines are minimal at best. The dog is suffering, his life is a
miserable lonesome, tied up existence in a mud hole in the back corner of
the yard. His owners are a bunch of ill mannered, intoxicated ruffians who
will never see the light of day concerning animal care. I am sorry my post
offended you, but I 100% understand.
Perry
bentcajungirl

Old July 21st 03, 04:02 AM
_mic_hael

thanks chump,

for heelping us all to decide who we should listen to and how we should
behave. Where would we be without you?

Dimpled Chad wrote:
In article ,
Dimpled Chad wrote:

Another troll, montana, not much worth commenting on...

I did some research, and I am now doubtful that it is a troll. So I'm
sorry for using that label.

Regardless, it is fairly clear that he didn't read and/or understand you
well. That was too bad....

Still not worth commenting on...

Chad

--
mi.chael
li.ve...

..http://dogtv.com/hope_attacks.mpg
..http://dogtv.com/hope_attacks.mpg
..http://dogtv.com/hope_attacks.mpg
..http://dogtv.com/hope_attacks.mpg
..http://dogtv.com/hope_attacks.mpg

SHELLY IS THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T THINK HATTIE IS STARVING

"when i got harriet she was emaciated, so i asked my vet for advice on
slowly adding weight to her. six months later i took harriet in for her
spring check-up and my vet was surprised that at how thin she still was."
--shelly couv.rette

"raises hand i've been told by three different vets that
harriet (53lbs) is *way* too skinny. we're still
vet-shopping, BTW."

--shelly couv.rette

"if you really can't resist
it when your dog pulls the "i'm starving!" routine G, you can give
him some frozen green beans or a small amount of plain pureed pumpkin.
i would also suggest putting the food out of his sight. i keep my
food--still inside the bags, which are tightly rolled down--inside
trash cans in the closed laundry room. that keeps it fresh and keeps
it out of my dogs' sight."

--shelly couv.rette

"heh. i get the opposite response. people think that poor little
harriet is positively starved to death. i've actually had people stop
me in the pet supply shop and tell me that i need to fatten her up!"

--shelly couv.rette

"i think that may be part of the problem. who wants to go to a
vet who tells you you're hurting your .widdle precious? i
think the other part is that some vets really don't *realize*
that what they consider proper weight is fat. after having
been told by a couple of vets that my dogs are too thin, i've
got a dim view of vets on that topic."

--shelly couv.rette

"my mom is kinda that way, but not *as* bad. she thinks that harriet is
awfully skinny, so feeding her table snax is okay. she tells me that
just a bite won't hurt."

--shelly couv.rette

NOBODY IS STARVING FAT PI.G SHELLY

NOBODY WILL STOP SHELLY ON THE STREET
AND TELL HER SHE IS STARVING HERSELF
shelly's fat face
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette/Wshelly2.jpg

There are a lot of big fat women on these groups who starve their dogs
out of vanity, but shelly is a special case.

shelly is moor.e than a little bit beyond the pale

Shelly has OCD, and maybe she's just a little obsessive about measuring
out extra tiny and discrete portions with a tiny measuring cup, or
counting out pieces of green bean or pumpkin that she gives her dogs
when they give her the "I'm Starving" routine. When grandma tried to
give Hattie a snack, shelly probably went apeshit, because it was in
violation of her Obsessive need to oversee every tiny calorie that goes
into her widdle precious' mouth.

shelly's a special case, a special kind of dog abuser.

Old July 21st 03, 01:20 PM
bentcajungirl

Hi Joker,
Forgot to mention this, but I *have* gone personally to the house to do
something with dog. I was ordered off the property and asked to not return.
My first contact attempt *was* a personal one. From there, it has been a
fiasco dealing with ignorant, un-educated idiots. It is obvious that they
are raising their children to be nothing but thugs.
My statement about the dog eventually dying from heart worms....The dog is
about 3 years old. I know for a fact the dog gets no vet care. He lives in
filth on a chain. All he does is scratch at fleas all day. I am sure he is
not on heartworm preventative, probably has a good case of them now. To
intervene, and take the dog would involve treatment, which is stressful to a
dog that has never been cared for. Unfortunately, for this particular dog,
it is a lose-lose situation. It's too late to be rescued and hope for a
happy ending. I am sure these people will watch this dog die and then go
get another puppy and then repeat the same thing. Time and again. They
don't know any better and don't care to know any better. I've tried.
Perry
bentcajungirl
"jokerpit" wrote in message
The Chad
Are you talking to yourself dude? Still not worth commenting on? Do

you
know what comment means?
I understood very well actualy...Thats why I commented on post that was
made.
If I ever see someone harming an animal I will not have to hide at my

house
and call some joke of a society, humane or otherwise.... I would take
matters into my own hands and either talk to person in person or make sure
dog gets a good home somewhere else If I choose to be involved..Should'nt

be
hard to remove dog if it so abandoned !....The paradox of the statements
because of you thinking there is abuse going on and the underhanded way

that
the nieghbors choose to report these terrible people because they do not
live the way you do or the way you choose...This is why I was so
repulsed...The others that responded indead have some manners and

understand
that this is a forum for debate and or education......But I believe we
should mind our own back yards as such, calling the authorities because of
difference of life style or friends belys the basic freedoms we are

supposed
to have as Americans..Now before you accuse me being one of these people

you
described I will assure you I am far from that....I am a business owner

and
grandfather at 41 years of age......I have always loved all animals and

have
had American Pitbull Terriers for 25 years and raised all 6 children

around
them. Never so much as a raised lip for any reason at my children

(including
my 3 year old trying to insert a pencil into the rectum of my pulldog)

they
could take dog bones from my dogs and they were never hit or abused to

train
them....The dogs I mean!!!!!
Anyway maybe I'll stay I liked cajungirls reply.....

Sincerely
Will