my dogs head is shakin invaleentaraly

Old October 9th 10, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
psyco k

Default my dogs head is shakin invaleentaraly

i just got my dog two days ago and her head started shaking yesterday
but it only shook once today her head shook three times and they have
lasted for about two to three minuets what is wrong with her can you
help me
Old October 9th 10, 06:52 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Matt[_3_]

psyco k said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

i just got my dog two days ago and her head started shaking
yesterday but it only shook once today her head shook three
times and they have lasted for about two to three minuets
what is wrong with her can you help me

How old is your dog? What does her vet say? More information,
please.

--
--Matt.
Old December 12th 10, 10:17 AM
mstiltz mstiltz is offline
Junior Member

If the head is shaking involuntarily it could be seizures.
Old December 27th 10, 06:06 PM
CorgiBaby CorgiBaby is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstiltz View Post
If the head is shaking involuntarily it could be seizures.
I have to say that I completely agree with MsTiltz. While I'm not a doctor, a shaking head (in most animals) generally means an epileptic attack of some sort. Any sort of involuntary movement should be monitored very closely because the dog can injure themselves VERY easily. Perhaps video tape your dog when it's doing this so you can show it to your vet.

In the meantime, I would steer clear of loud noises and perhaps move the television into another room. Those types of activities can cause seizures in most animals.

Good luck!!!

Lump on dogs head Leah Dogs - general 2 January 17th 05 09:47 PM
What the hell is going on in my dogs head? Styx Dog behavior 12 November 20th 03 06:51 PM
What the hell is going on in my dogs head? Styx Dog behavior 0 November 19th 03 06:28 AM