Word problem for dog folks

Old October 11th 10, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
amesnatlzoo

Default Word problem for dog folks

Here's a "multidog" question for you. You're asked to let out a couple's
three dogs for a brief potty break mid-afternoon. No one else will be home.
You're told A needs to be on a tieout, but as long as B is out with her,
he'll stay around. C is a puppy, and crated, but shouldn't be allowed to
cross paths with B since they got into a scrap last week and can't be
trusted together. C also needs to be on a tieout. Oh, and the crate is
two rooms away from the door, and you hardly know A and B but B has growled
at you before and you haven't met C. There is no perimeter fencing on this
rural property, no outdoor kennel.

I know what I did, and it worked. What would you do? (Refusing to let any
of them out is one valid option, but I sorta like these people.)

As a totally irrelevant aside, all three dogs are morbidly obese, even the
puppy, and each tops 70 lbs.
--
Mary H. and the restored Ames National Zoo:
The Right Reverand Sir Edgar "Lucky" Pan-Waffles (ret.);
Old October 11th 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Matt[_3_]

amesnatlzoo said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I know what I did, and it worked. What would you do?
(Refusing to let any of them out is one valid option, but I
sorta like these people.)

One at a time, all on leash. Puppy first and last.

--
--Matt.
Old October 12th 10, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mary Healey[_3_]

Matt wrote in
:

amesnatlzoo said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I know what I did, and it worked. What would you do?
(Refusing to let any of them out is one valid option, but I
sorta like these people.)

One at a time, all on leash. Puppy first and last.

Well, I was met at the door by A and B, so A went first (on leash). B went
next, also on leash. When they were done, I put A and B in a bedroom and
closed the door. Leashed the puppy (who is apparently NOT a puppy, he's 3
or 4 years old!), and got him out last.

Recrated him, then let the other two out of the bedroom.

Thanks for playing!
--
Mary H. and the restored Ames National Zoo:
The Right Reverand Sir Edgar "Lucky" Pan-Waffles;
U-CD ANZ Babylon Ranger, CD, RE; ANZ Pas de Duke, RN;
Caris, CGC and rotund Rhia
Old October 12th 10, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Matt[_3_]

Mary Healey said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Thanks for playing!