Lucky #13 & The Boys

Old July 20th 03, 08:14 PM
Shelly & The Boys

Default Lucky #13 & The Boys

Today I took the boys to a nearby park (gorgeous, huge, near
water, boasts of the world's largest cottonwood tree grove) for
a local kennel club's fun day.
They had conformation, obedience, agility and rally obedience.
I signed Coda up for two agility runs, and one rally run.
When I received my armband for the day, I knew we were
in for trouble...number 13!

But, Coda was a Good Boy. He did the agility course with
one mistake: he noticed an Aussie playing with a ball just
a ways off the course and wanted to go play too (an off course).
He did, however, return when I called him, and completed the
course. He hit all of the contacts (not an issue with him, considering
that he's not a speed demon). He *even* did all of the weaves with no
mistakes! I was SO proud of him. :-) We've not been in any
classes since last fall, so he's such a good dog!

It was VERY hot today, so I put him back in the x-pen & took
Bodhi out to socialize (I was lucky, got there early enough to
set up our shade tent, x-pen & use the truck as shade as well
as the tree we parked by). He was a good boy, played
with an 8 mos. old Irish Wolfhound, it was cute. He's got a couple
of Deerhound buddies, so he's used to XL size dogs.

Then, Coda & I went in for our Rally attempt. We'd went through
a demo course back in last winter, and it was fun. He did
okay today, but it was hot, his focus was off, he was tired and
kept wanting to sniff the ground a lot (so his heeling wasn't the
best). For our first try, he did well. After that, I decided that
it would probably be better if he didn't have to do another
agility run, because of the heat. So I took Bodhi & asked the
"judge" (it was a fun match,
course familiarization, and put on by a 4-H club) if I could
take Bodhi instead, explaining that he's a baby-dog & I just
wanted to familiarize him with the course & equip. So, we did & it went
well. He tried all of the equipment, except was NOT going to
go into that oven of a tunnel. I was really impressed with
him having no reservations about the tire jump (which he's
never seen before) and the table (which he downed nicely
and held his stay perfectly, twice!) Wheeeee! What fun!

All in all, it was a nice day after a very hectic week.
Good Boys.
Shelly & The Boys

--
http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/BSD.html

Old July 21st 03, 01:28 AM
queenmother

"Shelly & The Boys" wrote in message
All in all, it was a nice day after a very hectic week.
Good Boys.
Shelly & The Boys

It sounds absolutely perfect! Well done boys!
--
~~Judy
Owned and entertained by Spenser - the best dog in the world.

Old July 21st 03, 07:07 PM
jokerpit

Debbie don't I know you? This NG seems to have a lot more to offer then you
know where...anyway...Have you or anyone else heard of an alge or other
water bourn parasites that kill dogs? I believe it was last year that here
in New Mexico at elephant butte res.. they reported an alge as the posible
killer of dogs that had been in lake...Since this time I have not had my
dogs to the lakes here in New Mexico out of fear of unknown things..We did
not ever see something like this in Colorado..My dogs love the water and
fishing as much as I do.......Any help or advice would be
appreciated......Will
wrote in message

all very dried hay for footing (slippery)

Wow, what were they thinkin'? Now I don't feel guilty for keeping the
little darlin's home. I don't want to run on surfaces that make us play
it safe.

Here's to hoping the next opportunity has appropriate footing for
agility dogs. :-/

Debbie

Old July 22nd 03, 04:56 AM
jokerpit

Michelle
It was at Elephant Butte lake by Truth or Consequenes in southern
New Mexico by original trinity site.....Thats the only one I know of and
heard rumor that it is not a problem but I AM still worried and would not
take a chance ....If you happen to find out anything different let me know
please...Will
"Michelle" wrote in message
om...
"jokerpit" wrote in message

Debbie don't I know you? This NG seems to have a lot more to offer then

you
know where...anyway...Have you or anyone else heard of an alge or other
water bourn parasites that kill dogs? I believe it was last year that

here
in New Mexico at elephant butte res.. they reported an alge as the

posible
killer of dogs that had been in lake...Since this time I have not had my
dogs to the lakes here in New Mexico out of fear of unknown things..We

did
not ever see something like this in Colorado..My dogs love the water and
fishing as much as I do.......Any help or advice would be
appreciated......Will

Will,
I recently moved to NM where was this water algea?? Is this something
I need to worry about? I was planning on taking my girl to the lake
this wkend.
Thanks- Michelle