Whats the chearest and safest way to fly my dog?

Old October 19th 10, 09:01 PM
Dog Freedom Dog Freedom is offline
Junior Member

Smile Whats the cheapest and safest way to fly my dog?

Hello to all you animal lovers. I was wondering if anyone had any Ideas on what would be the cheapest and safest way to fly my dog or really any dog. Every airline charges between $120 and $200 each way to fly my dog, and they get shoved in a box under the plane. So not only do I drop $450 for me Im almost spending the same amount for my dog. That's a lot of money. Plus me and my dog would freak out. I have herd a few ways but I would like any feed back from the masses... Can anyone Shine some light?...!!!

Last edited by Dog Freedom : October 19th 10 at 11:35 PM.
Old October 20th 10, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Matt[_3_]

Default Whats the chearest and safest way to fly my dog?

Dog Freedom said in
rec.pets.dogs.misc:

Plus me and my dog would freak out.

That's the key. You can deal with your justified concerns, but
your dog is in a new situation. If you don't have an airline-
approved crate, buy one and get your dog loving it.

Let the airline know your concerns, in my experience they're
extremely helpful. I've flown with dogs many times.

Expense is certainly a consideration. It's $50 each way with
the Canadian airline I use a lot.

--
--Matt.
Old October 20th 10, 07:37 PM
Dog Freedom Dog Freedom is offline
Junior Member

Thanks Matt ! I have been seeing these service dog vest and ID's, Do you think they work?
Old October 20th 10, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Matt[_3_]

Dog Freedom said in
rec.pets.dogs.misc:

I have been seeing these service dog vest and ID's, Do you
think they work?

If you have the service dog paperwork, sure.

--
--Matt.
Old October 21st 10, 06:12 PM
Dog Freedom Dog Freedom is offline
Junior Member

Well , I checked out a couple of the service dog sites and found a few. The easiest one, Free my paws, you just put in you dogs info then your card info that's it. But some of the others sites make you have to do all of this other stuff.
Old December 27th 10, 07:41 PM
CorgiBaby CorgiBaby is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Freedom View Post
Hello to all you animal lovers. I was wondering if anyone had any Ideas on what would be the cheapest and safest way to fly my dog or really any dog. Every airline charges between $120 and $200 each way to fly my dog, and they get shoved in a box under the plane. So not only do I drop $450 for me Im almost spending the same amount for my dog. That's a lot of money. Plus me and my dog would freak out. I have herd a few ways but I would like any feed back from the masses... Can anyone Shine some light?...!!!
I realize that this is an older post, but I found your problem interesting. It appears that a lot of people have this same issue. . . .especially around the Holidays. I just got my Corgi, but I also have a cat that I travel with all the time. If you fly with AirTran, it's only $60 each way and you're able to fly with your pet under the seat in a carrier (so long as it's small enough). I'm not sure what their policy is on larger dogs, but they seem pretty accommodating. I would give them a call and see. Good luck!!!