dog need home rott/shep

Old October 20th 10, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
moe[_2_]

Default dog need home rott/shep

Hi, first post here. I am looking for resources to help find a dog a
home. I am adopting a dog that was to be put down today or tomorrow,
cannot believe the owner has not put much effort into finding him a
home. I have Animal aid and human society telephone number, what are
some other resources or how do I find more contact in my area.
Berrien county, MI. Dog is coming from northern IN.
thanks
Old October 20th 10, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
sighthounds & siberians

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 08:02:43 -0700 (PDT), moe
wrote:

Hi, first post here. I am looking for resources to help find a dog a
home. I am adopting a dog that was to be put down today or tomorrow,
cannot believe the owner has not put much effort into finding him a
home. I have Animal aid and human society telephone number, what are
some other resources or how do I find more contact in my area.
Berrien county, MI. Dog is coming from northern IN.
thanks

I'm confused. You are adopting a dog from another state, but you
don't intend to keep it, and you want a humane society in your area to
find the dog a home? If that's what you're doing, I don't think
that's a good idea. People do this and then they get upset with
rescues when they can't accept the animal because they're full, or
because it's a mixed breed and they deal with purebreds, or whatever.
You shouldn't take a dog with the expectation that someone else is
going to be responsible for finding it a home.

That said, the best way to find animal rescue-type contacts in your
area is the internet.

Rott-Shep Joint Query Spot Dog health 3 August 13th 06 03:40 PM
Rott-Shep Joint Query buglady Dog health 1 August 8th 06 02:23 AM
Arthritic Rott-Shep Steve Crane Dog health 87 January 25th 06 07:48 AM
Arthritic Rott-Shep HouseODogs Dog health 1 January 16th 06 04:19 PM
Arthritic Rott-Shep who Dog health 0 January 16th 06 12:11 PM