[OT] - Bridal shower humor

Old July 21st 03, 08:11 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Default [OT] - Bridal shower humor

It seems like there is a need for humor in the group today. Being the
unbalanced soul I am, I feel it my duty to provide you with your laugh
for the day.

The scene: The evening after Gen's Bridal Shower.
We are in the apartment, and Gen is showing me all of the gifts she
recieved. One of them was a cheese grater. One of those plastic ones with
various inserts with a turning handle and squishing stick type thing.
(http://tinyurl.com/hlkf for a picture) We open it up, and notice that
there is no plastic covering the individual pieces. Curious. While
looking at the pieces, we notice dried cheese stuck on the inside of one
of the graters.

Wait, it gets better.

There is always the possibility that it is an exchange. SOmeone bought
one, used it, returned it and grabbed something else.

We are walking through Sears, and we check out the display of Starfrit
items, to see if the pieces come with plastic covering them. Sure enough
they do. So we figure that we just got an exchange. Something is bugging
me though, so I *llok* at the box in the store, and the box we have at
home for the grater. Different sizes!! Gen's stepmom's father bought a
new grater, and gave us their used one!!!

I told Gen she has to laugh, otherwise she will get 15-20 for
manslaughter. (Although no jury in the world would ever convict her.)

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'Of course you realize this means war.'

Old July 21st 03, 08:55 PM
Cate

"Holier Than Thou" wrote in message
. 3.44...

The food was good. I refused to cook because of the heat and made only
cold food. My gift was a big hit (stroller with attached carseat
thingie).

But I lived.

Good to hear.

Shopping for baby clothes Mike and I discussed that we were going to be
needing all these things ourselves soon enough. Freaked me out.

Soon enough as in sooner than 9 months from now? Have I missed something?

Cate

Old July 21st 03, 09:02 PM
FurPaw

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:
It seems like there is a need for humor in the group today. Being the
unbalanced soul I am, I feel it my duty to provide you with your laugh
for the day.

snip details of discovering that cheese grater was used

Gen's stepmom's father bought a
new grater, and gave us their used one!!!

I told Gen she has to laugh, otherwise she will get 15-20 for
manslaughter. (Although no jury in the world would ever convict her.)

That's pretty bad, all right. But tell Gen that her stepmom's
father is not alone in his gift-giving habits.

My BIL has a rep in the family of giving the worst wedding gifts.
For our wedding, they gave us a used electric shish-kebab
maker, in a box with the top just folded shut. We looked at each
other and said, "Garage Sale!" For my SIL's wedding, they gave
her a gallon can of amaretto flavored popcorn. At least it still
had the original seal on it. ;-p

FurPaw
--
There's no reason to give credence to anything spoken above 90
decibels.

To reply, unleash the dog.

Old July 21st 03, 09:05 PM
Gwen Watson

FurPaw wrote:

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:
[...]

Oh my the two of you have me laughing and shaking my head at
the same time. Though some of it sounds like my MIL who is
fairly wealthy. She gives garage sale gifts for Christmas gifts.

Most are antiques though so they are cherished.

Gwen

Old July 21st 03, 09:08 PM
Gwen Watson

Cate wrote:

"Holier Than Thou" wrote in message
. 3.44...

The food was good. I refused to cook because of the heat and made only
cold food. My gift was a big hit (stroller with attached carseat
thingie).

But I lived.

Those strollers are wonderful. I can't remember what they call them.
Travel systems I think? At any rate I can imagine that item was a hit!

The other greatest thing for babies it the Graco Pak n play. Bestest
invention ever. Especially for going to grandma's house or even
to the beach, lake or whatever venture.

I am glad to hear you survived.

Gwen

Old July 21st 03, 09:28 PM
FurPaw

Suja wrote:
FurPaw wrote:

My BIL has a rep in the family of giving the worst wedding gifts.

Cheap? Clueless?

Yes.

On the good gift giving front, DH LOVES his Leatherman tool and GPS. He
was walking around all of yesterday looking much like the Cheshire Cat.
Even took the GPS with him when we went on the hike, commenting at our
speed, distance travelled, altitude, etc the whole way there and back.
He has taken them in to work today, for "show and tell".

It's great when you make a direct hit!

I'll have to keep a portable GPS in mind for Hubster. He'd
really like one, I suspect. What brand/model did you get?

FurPaw

Old July 21st 03, 09:33 PM
Gwen Watson

FurPaw wrote:

I'll have to keep a portable GPS in mind for Hubster. He'd
really like one, I suspect. What brand/model did you get?

FurPaw

--
There's no reason to give credence to anything spoken above 90
decibels.

To reply, unleash the dog.

Yes Suja I would like to see that as well. I might as well start obtaining
things for Christmas now. This sounds like something Steve would love.

Gwen

Old July 21st 03, 09:40 PM
Suja

FurPaw wrote:

Yes.

LOL! Has anyone tried talking to this guy or the wife?

It's great when you make a direct hit!

Hoo yeah! It convinced DH that he needs to buy me stuff that I would
like on my B'days :-) Generally, he forgets, and we do the whole dinner
and a movie thing.

I'll have to keep a portable GPS in mind for Hubster. He'd really like
one, I suspect. What brand/model did you get?

A Garmin eTrex Vista. It is very cool, and I can see it coming in handy
for the hunting/fishing types as well. The only bad thing about it is
that the reception can be spotty. But, it still has oodles of features
and can be a really good choice for guys who like gadgets.

In passing, DH also let it drop that there is something else that he'd
like. I just can't remember what the heck it is now :-(

Suja

Old July 22nd 03, 12:11 AM
Dimpled Chad

On 21 Jul 2003, Holier Than Thou opined:

Shopping for baby clothes Mike and I discussed that we were going to be
needing all these things ourselves soon enough. Freaked me out.

Thank you all for your kind baby-shower support.

Congratulations, Beth. Well done for such a kind act...

Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

'MEOW'. . . SPLAT . . . 'RUFF' . . . SPLAT . . .
(Raining cats & dogs)

Old July 22nd 03, 12:11 AM
Dimpled Chad

On 21 Jul 2003, Marcel Beaudoin opined:

Different sizes!! Gen's stepmom's father bought a
new grater, and gave us their used one!!!

ROTFLMAO.....

Classic. Sheer classic.
Chad