senseation harness...

Old July 22nd 03, 06:28 AM
BethF

Default senseation harness...

I got two senseation harnesses in the mail. They were pretty easy to fit
and i put both harnesses on the boys who promptly ran around the house
happily as if nothing was different. Thats a good sign - toklat is VERY
sensitive to touch. A pinch collar makes him shake like he is wet in an
attempt to shake off the collar. A halti is torture for him. I was worried
that he would either hate the strap across the chest, or he would think it
was a skijoring harness. The harness itself has the leash ring in the
front, which i found interesting!!

I took Kavik outside with the harness on first. He isn't much of a puller
anymore, but he pulls towards the fire hydrant when we walk near it. He
started to pull, but then stopped when he felt the resistance. Hm, so far so
good.

Toklat the terrible's turn was next. I expected it not to work on him and
I expected him to pull anyway. But he didn't pull much, just a tiny bit.
much more manageable than a buckle collar and much less upsetting to him
than either the head halter or the pinch. And to me too.

I think I like it.

Tomorrow we have class at dog school. Whether the boys pull to door of the
club will be the true test.

Old July 23rd 03, 07:27 AM
Tricia9999

Ahhh! Gotcha. Whoops (BTW: very interesting stuff with that incorrect google
stuff. Not for most, um, tastes...)

http://www.softouchconcepts.com

Yes. I always make sure to emphasize to people that they put only one 't' in
the softouch part or they will get porn sites.