Anyone here ever had a dog with Cushings?

Old July 22nd 03, 09:54 PM
Dimpled Chad

On 21 Jul 2003, Jag795 opined:

Now mind you....I don't know for sure that my Bo Bo has it yet.

Hey, I don't have any experience with Cushing either. But I hope Bo Bo is
just fine....

Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

Never enter a battle of wits unarmed.

Old July 23rd 03, 04:45 AM
Jag795

Now mind you....I don't know for sure that my Bo Bo has it yet.

Hey, I don't have any experience with Cushing either. But I hope Bo Bo is
just fine....

Chad

Thank you so much Chad! I really appreciate the well wishes!

Thanks Again,
Jan

Old July 23rd 03, 11:45 AM

Jag795 wrote:
Did your vet do the test for
Cushings before they found the mass?

No. She started having seizures so, among other things, we
had a CT scan done and that's when the tumor turned up. She
also started developing a host of other symptoms and we was
fortunate to be able to work with an extremely methodical
vet at the local veterinary teaching hospital, who
systematically went through her symptoms, developed
diagnoses, and prescribed treatments. During this period we
took several tests for Cushings, all of which came back
negative. So we ended up treating the symptoms which for
the most part worked out well.

If you don't understand how things are connected, the cause of
problems is solutions -- Amory Lovins
Old July 23rd 03, 05:48 PM
Jag795

Hi Jan! My old gal Shilo was tested for Cushings and was negative, altho
still
shows the signs and could always show the disease later on. The test is
fairly
easy on the dog, involves an injection and then blood testing to read how the
pituitary/adrenal glands respond. Here are some sites for you, both I have
consulted in the past. They will explain the testing and the different types
of
the disease and treatment options.

http://www.firstscience.com/SITE/edi...s_04042003.asp

http://www.kateconnick.com/library/cushingsdisease.html

Deb
Shi the Survivor
Georgie the Kid-Snarker

Hi Deb! Thank you for writing. When doing my research on Cushings I had
stumbled on to both of those sites. Both have a lot of great information. I
love the way Jacks Tale was written. Lots of great info, yet personalized with
the writer speaking of his own pup.

Congrats to you and Shilo for getting her through her problems of late! I had
been following her story and your updates. I am so glad that she is feeling
better.

Thanks Again,
Jan

Old July 23rd 03, 08:40 PM
Nomdeplume

On 22 Jul 2003 04:30:51 GMT, (Jag795) wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Hello,

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Nothing can worry us more
than our precious long-time companions when things get rought.
I hope you get some answers and very soon.

May I recommend a book for you?
http://www.petcarebooks.com

It is Dogs, Diet, and Disease.

I believe it can't help but be useful no matter what your dog's final
diagnosis is. Now, she recommends a raw diet, but has suggestions if
you don't want to go that way too.

Sara D

Now mind you....I don't know for sure that my Bo Bo has it yet. But I have been
reading and researching so much....I just wanted to talk to some people about
it. I talk to the Vet tomorrow to get him scheduled for the tests. I will keep
you all posted. Thanks for listening. Any insights would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank You,
Jan

Old July 24th 03, 03:50 AM
Jag795

Hello,

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Nothing can worry us more
than our precious long-time companions when things get rought.
I hope you get some answers and very soon.

May I recommend a book for you?
http://www.petcarebooks.com

It is Dogs, Diet, and Disease.

I believe it can't help but be useful no matter what your dog's final
diagnosis is. Now, she recommends a raw diet, but has suggestions if
you don't want to go that way too.

Sara D

Thank you very much Sara. The book looks very good, I will definitely look into
getting a copy.

Jan

Cushings Disease Katie Dog health 1 August 28th 04 12:22 PM
Cocker Spaniel has Cushings Ann Dog health 8 December 3rd 03 06:47 AM
Cocker Spaniel has Cushings Ann Dog health 0 December 1st 03 05:35 AM
Cushing's Disease? Something else, hopefully less serious? CG Dog health 0 October 2nd 03 03:51 AM
Cushing's Disease? Something else, hopefully less serious? CG Dog health 0 October 2nd 03 03:51 AM