18months old...still not housebroken!?

Old March 10th 11, 02:11 PM
sjmartin sjmartin is offline
Junior Member

Default 18months old...still not housebroken!?

We have an 18 month old goldendoodle. He is still pooping in my house! ARGH! We take him out every 2-3 hours throughout the day, he will do his business outside, gets praised lavishly for it and come back in and poop on the floor. He never pees in the house. WE know if he starts running around he will poop so we try to get him outside quickly, but he can poop twice outside and a third time in the house within minutes. The vet said he obviously does not see the whole house as his 'den'. He never goes in the laundry room hallway which is where he is often penned up.
He also never goes to the door to let us know he must go out. We leash him, take him to the door, make him sit, wait and then he may follow us out the door when told to do so. (we started doing this since we have some dominance/agression issuew with him too)

We have thought about bell training him...go to the door and ring the bell to go out...would that work?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Stacey
Old March 10th 11, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison[_3_]

"sjmartin" wrote in message

[...]

Some more information would give a bigger picture. BTW whats you dog's
name?
Have you has him since he was a puppy?
Does he have any underlying health problems, tummy upsets ? Are his poops
firm?
How do you react when he poops indoors?
Can you explain about his aggression and when did it start?

His Diet and how much food he has can affect how many poos he does.
You don't say if you have a yard or garden but taking a dog out for a walk
encourages then to poo.
Alison

Old March 11th 11, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Jo Wolf

Other than what this dog is fed, my big question would be why they
appear to give him free-run of the house. He may still need to be
confined to one or two rooms.... and then under supervision. He doesn't
seem to "get it". What are they using to clean up after he goes in the
house? How often does this happen?

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia