Guess what I saw yesterday?

Old July 23rd 03, 03:43 PM
culprit

Default Guess what I saw yesterday?

"Suja" wrote in message

We were at the dog park yesterday, and in comes this lady with a very
nice looking dog. She asked who the rescue bumper sticker belonged to,
and we chatted for a really long time. I asked what kind of a dog hers
was, and she told me. I was thrilled to meet a rare breed dog. She was
shocked I even knew what it was. Said that her dog is most often
mistaken for a Flat Coated Retriever, or an all black Golden Retriever.
The color is not typical for the breed, BTW. Only 10% are all black.
The pup is a year old, and has been in SAR training for 6 months. I
"assisted" in the training and played the part of victim. It was all
very cool. So, what breed was the dog?

a Munsterlander?

-kelly
(wondering if tollers come in black...)

Old July 23rd 03, 03:49 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"culprit" wrote in news:bfm6ub$gc7ee$1
@ID-58739.news.uni-berlin.de:

(wondering if tollers come in black...)

that was my thought at first, but I never saw an all black one when I was
scanning various websites a while back. (I had a serious covet of one going
on a while back, so I was looking at breeder sites and club sites.)

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'If you try to fail, and succeed,
which have you done?'

Old July 23rd 03, 03:54 PM
culprit

"Marcel Beaudoin" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"culprit" wrote in news:bfm6ub$gc7ee$1
@ID-58739.news.uni-berlin.de:

(wondering if tollers come in black...)

that was my thought at first, but I never saw an all black one when I was
scanning various websites a while back. (I had a serious covet of one

going
on a while back, so I was looking at breeder sites and club sites.)

i think it's a disqualification in the breed standard for them to have any
black on them.

did you get over it? :-) my friend who has two of them says, "if you think
you want a toller, you obviously haven't done enough research on the breed".

-kelly

Old July 23rd 03, 03:56 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"culprit" wrote in
:

did you get over it? :-) my friend who has two of them says, "if you
think you want a toller, you obviously haven't done enough research on
the breed".

SOrtof. It has been downgraded to a "it would be so cool to get one
but..." level. Mainly based on the fact that a)Gen has a thing against dog
hair. If they shed anything like Goldens, it ain't gonna happen; and b) We
want to start a family soon, and between the demands of work, baby(ies) I
don't think I would be able to give a working dog the attention and
exercise that it would deserve.

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'If your attack is going well, then
it's an ambush.'

Old July 23rd 03, 04:00 PM
Suja

culprit wrote:

a Munsterlander?

Had to look up what this one was.
Hint #1 - Considered part of the 'Herding' group
Hint #2 - Other colors are Black and gold (I'd call it tan) and blonde
(Very GRish)

-kelly
(wondering if tollers come in black...)

Hehe.

Suja

Old July 23rd 03, 04:01 PM
culprit

"Marcel Beaudoin" wrote in message
. 1.4...

SOrtof. It has been downgraded to a "it would be so cool to get one
but..." level. Mainly based on the fact that a)Gen has a thing against dog
hair. If they shed anything like Goldens, it ain't gonna happen; and b) We
want to start a family soon, and between the demands of work, baby(ies) I
don't think I would be able to give a working dog the attention and
exercise that it would deserve.

well, my friend has no children, a husband who is semi-retired and works
from home, and a small farm.
they still don't seem to be able to give the tollers the attention they
need. those dogs will eat anything, given five minutes alone. including
their crates.

one of them is on his third "guaranteed indestructible" dog bed. :-)

they're gorgeous, fun, smart dogs. i recommend you get a friend who has
one. then you can enjoy them without having to deal with owning one. it
has worked well for me.

-kelly

Old July 23rd 03, 04:01 PM
Gwen Watson

culprit wrote:

", given five minutes alone. including
their crates.

one of them is on his third "guaranteed indestructible" dog bed. :-)

-kelly

Why this very much describes Blademan the destroyer of all.)))

Gwen

Old July 23rd 03, 04:02 PM
Suja

culprit wrote:

one of them is on his third "guaranteed indestructible" dog bed. :-)

Maybe he's just not a 'Sleep in the bed' kind of dog.

they're gorgeous, fun, smart dogs. i recommend you get a friend who has
one. then you can enjoy them without having to deal with owning one. it
has worked well for me.

Definitely. Very cool dogs that I'll worship from afar, thankyouverymuch.

Suja

Old July 23rd 03, 04:17 PM
Gwen Watson

Suja wrote:

culprit wrote:

a Munsterlander?

Had to look up what this one was.
Hint #1 - Considered part of the 'Herding' group
Hint #2 - Other colors are Black and gold (I'd call it tan) and blonde
(Very GRish)

Suja

Suja I am very stubbed on this one.

Gosh I can't wait to hear the answer.

Gwen

Old July 23rd 03, 04:31 PM
DogStar716

Had to look up what this one was.
Hint #1 - Considered part of the 'Herding' group
Hint #2 - Other colors are Black and gold (I'd call it tan) and blonde
(Very GRish)

Hovawart?

Dogstar716
Come see Gunnars Life: http://hometown.aol.com/dogstar716/index.html

Guess the breed(s) Rich Dog breeds 11 November 25th 04 10:13 PM
Inflamatory bowel disease BARBARA SWALLOW Dog health 14 March 24th 04 08:22 AM
How do I reply to post it comes back undeliverable, I guess you can tell I'm a newbie at newsgroups gina_joe Dog breeds 16 March 24th 04 01:28 AM
guess the breed culprit Dog breeds 27 December 2nd 03 07:17 AM