The first thing we do, let's kill all the... academics!

Old April 29th 11, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dogman[_3_]

Default The first thing we do, let's kill all the... academics!

Calling animals 'pets' is insulting, academics claim:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ics-claim.html

You can't make this stuff up.

--
Dogman
Old April 29th 11, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
P E Schoen

"Dogman" wrote in message

Calling animals 'pets' is insulting, academics claim:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ics-claim.html

You can't make this stuff up.

What is really insulting is when we refer to vicious sociopathic criminals
as "animals". They are more correctly described as "monsters" or "scum". No,
wait, there are benevolent and useful life forms in scum.

BTW, how have you fared in the wake of such devastating weather recently?
Seems like climate change, as well as $5 gasoline, is becoming a reality
just as we "greenies" predicted.

Paul and Muttley

Old April 29th 11, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison[_3_]

"P E Schoen" wrote in message
"Seems like climate change, as well as $5 gasoline, is becoming a
reality

just as we "greenies" predicted.

Petrol is £1.35 ($2.26) a litre in London. (
Alison

Old April 29th 11, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dogman[_3_]

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 23:43:19 +0100, "Alison"
wrote:

"P E Schoen" wrote in message
"Seems like climate change, as well as $5 gasoline, is becoming a
reality

just as we "greenies" predicted.

Petrol is £1.35 ($2.26) a litre in London. (
Alison

That's mainly due to various TAXES, which Brits apparently enjoy
paying.

Of course, you probably blame the evil oil companies, rather than your
bloodsucking politicians.

We got rid of a whole host of our bloodsucking politicians last
Novemeber, and we're going to get rid of the rest of them in November,
2012.

--
Dogman
Old April 30th 11, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

"Alison" wrote

Petrol is £1.35 ($2.26) a litre in London. (

True. Europe in general has some of the highest prices but it's mostly due
to taxes. We have taxes too here but at a much smaller rate. The amount
varies by locality with I think it's California having the highest tax rate?
Ours is $3.79G (3.78L) but my area has fewer taxes added to it. Most folks
in the continental states pay about 15-20 cents more per gallon in state or
local taxes.

Old April 30th 11, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

"Dogman" wrote
"Alison" wrote:

Petrol is £1.35 ($2.26) a litre in London. (

That's mainly due to various TAXES, which Brits apparently enjoy
paying.

LOL, should have read ahead. I don't think she enjoys those added taxes
anymore than we would.

Of course, you probably blame the evil oil companies, rather than your
bloodsucking politicians.

There is some validity to that 'evil oil company' here but it's more complex
than that. Middleman involvement and some speculators probably a piece of
it. Just like when we first started making ethanol and went the corn route
as the gear to do it was cheaper and somewhat in place, it drove the cost of
corn sky high in relative terms. That shifted crossplatform into higher
animal feed prices. Now corn is pretty stable though a bit higher and most
of us are getting E10 (10% ethanol).

Some folks think they aren't getting E-10 because their state doesn't
mandate posting it (grin). At 10%, it burns clean and has very little
effect on milage. When you start edging to E-85, you need some sort of
special car adaptions though I know little about them.

We got rid of a whole host of our bloodsucking politicians last
Novemeber, and we're going to get rid of the rest of them in November,
2012.

Not an Obama fan I take it? Join the club.

Old April 30th 11, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dogman[_3_]

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 08:13:53 -0400, "cshenk" wrote:

"Dogman" wrote
"Alison" wrote:

Petrol is £1.35 ($2.26) a litre in London. (

That's mainly due to various TAXES, which Brits apparently enjoy
paying.

LOL, should have read ahead. I don't think she enjoys those added taxes
anymore than we would.

Brits must enjoy them, because they continue to put up with them, eh?

Of course, you probably blame the evil oil companies, rather than your
bloodsucking politicians.

There is some validity to that 'evil oil company' here but it's more complex
than that.

I meant that sarcastically. There's nothing evil about the oil
companies. But there's something evil about the politicians (and the
greenies who support them) who blame the oil companies for high
prices, while at the same time preventing the oil companies from
drilling for oil (which we have in abundance)! Has no one ever heard
of Supply & Demand? Did they all flunk Econ 101?

Here's a few things to think about the next time you fill up:
http://www.exxonmobilperspectives.co...o-think-about/

I love the oil companies!

Drill, baby, drill!

Middleman involvement and some speculators probably a piece of
it.

Speculators aren't the problem; GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION is the
problem.

Just like when we first started making ethanol and went the corn route

Again, thank the GOVERNMENT for that! Imagine, we're burning almost
40% or our corn crop! And that's why food prices are going through the
roof. Who does this hurt the most? The poor, of course, and that
should tell you all you ever need to know about the compassion of the
government and the environmentalists. I.e. they couldn't care less.
They all worship at the altar of environmentalism. Screw the poor.

as the gear to do it was cheaper and somewhat in place, it drove the cost of
corn sky high in relative terms. That shifted crossplatform into higher
animal feed prices. Now corn is pretty stable though a bit higher and most
of us are getting E10 (10% ethanol).

Some folks think they aren't getting E-10 because their state doesn't
mandate posting it (grin). At 10%, it burns clean and has very little
effect on milage. When you start edging to E-85, you need some sort of
special car adaptions though I know little about them.

Yes, older cars will start to have serious mechanical problems burning
E-15. And who drives older cars? The poor, of course! Obama recently
told a guy on TV who complained about high gas prices to just go out
and buy a new car that got better mileage. Yeah, riiiight, a guy who's
having trouble affording gas for his clunker is going to go out and
buy a new $40,000 car, just to get better mileage! Sure he is. What
planet does this guy come from? It can't be this one.

We got rid of a whole host of our bloodsucking politicians last
Novemeber, and we're going to get rid of the rest of them in November,
2012.

Not an Obama fan I take it? Join the club.

I detest him and the entire Democratic Party with every fiber of my
being. They are destroying this country!

--
Dogman
Old April 30th 11, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Jo Wolf

Right now, the speculators are a major factor....

Along with the Democrats. No way is that party "democratic" anymore.
And whats-his-face's advisors are redder than he is.... but not much.

Even the reletively few US citizens who took a mandatory two semesters
of economics in college for a business major undertood what they were
supposed to have learned, but then, they were taught by.... ACADEMICS!

In this state, the amount of state tax on gas is tied to the price of
the oil, so we're about to get a 3¢ per gallon raise on Monday. The
governor could stay it (two other have), but he says that's the job of
the legislature. Last evening the prices I saw were around $3.78 here.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old April 30th 11, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dogman[_3_]

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 15:58:03 -0400, (Jo Wolf) wrote:

Right now, the speculators are a major factor....

Speculators aren't blind, Jo. They know that supply can't possibly
meet demand when we won't even drill for our own oil, so they profit
from this knowledge. There's competition for every barrel of oil sold.
China needs oil. India needs oil. Europe needs oil. We need oil. The
entire world needs oil!

And yet we've taken our vast resources of coal, oil, natural gas, and
oil shale (not to mention nuclear), and basically designated them OFF
LIMITS!

It's a recipe for economic suicide.

Along with the Democrats. No way is that party "democratic" anymore.
And whats-his-face's advisors are redder than he is.... but not much.

In the *******'s own words:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4

He wants the cost of electricity "to skyrocket."

And that's exactly what's happening.

Even the reletively few US citizens who took a mandatory two semesters
of economics in college for a business major undertood what they were
supposed to have learned, but then, they were taught by.... ACADEMICS!

[...]

Exactly.

Sigh.

These morons have got to go.

Remember in November - 2012.

--
Dogman
Old April 30th 11, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

"Jo Wolf" wrote

Right now, the speculators are a major factor....

Evidence is leading that way. The price per barrel has not gone up very
much. Other countries haven't gone up much either, just us here with this
level of radical rise.

In this state, the amount of state tax on gas is tied to the price of
the oil, so we're about to get a 3¢ per gallon raise on Monday. The
governor could stay it (two other have), but he says that's the job of
the legislature. Last evening the prices I saw were around $3.78 here.

Some states/cities/counties have a flat amount per gallon added and others
are a percentage based on price. Like many we here have federal taxes,
state taxes, and local area ones added to the gas.

"The nationwide average tax on gasoline of 47.7 remained relatively
unchanged since January 2010. A summary of federal and state excise taxes
and other taxes collected on gasoline is shown below. The federal tax on
gasoline is 18.4 cents per gallon. The average state gasoline excise tax
remained at 18.5 cents per gallon from January. Other taxes (such as
applicable sales taxes, gross receipts taxes, oil inspection fees, county
and local taxes, underground storage tank fees and other miscellaneous
environmental fees) are approximately 10.7 cents per gallon, up from 10.5
cents the previous quarter. Adding these taxes and fees to the state excise
taxes results in a volume-weighted average state and local tax of 29.3 cents
per gallon. "

http://www.api.org/statistics/fuelta...mary_pages.pdf

I couldn't find a more recent one but that's close enough for use still.
I'm in Virginia, near the bottom of the graphs on the link.