Lyme and agility

Old July 24th 03, 03:10 AM
Melissa S. Frye

Default Lyme and agility

Well Hunter has Lyme - I really am hoping he is back to himself soon! I
can't stand running him at 50%, so he is having a vacation till he is back
to his old self. He has been terrible at the last two trials .

Dice on the other hand is a crazy girl and really really coming.
Her running contacts look great (as opposed to Imps which can get sketchy).
She handles like dream. Needs more weave work and has a strange adversion
to tunnels.
Can't wait to get her out!

Imp is just the devil. I sent her at a tunnel, she went wide, went
half-way around the back, jumped onto the tunnel, from there to the dogwalk
and off to come back to me. Sigh. At least she isn't spooky about stuff and
is now staying on the tetter.

And Flair is due to have her 2 pups by Coors the blue roan (Coups father)
Aug. 15, so I can't go to Cato trial.

Puppy tested a litter by my Hunter - fun, and I LOVED the black and tan
boy - go figure! Heard that his other litter was born this morning - 5 b/t
girls!

--
Melissa S. Frye
Skyrocket cockers www.mfrye.com/skyrocket/

Old July 24th 03, 03:16 AM
Suja

Melissa S. Frye wrote:

Well Hunter has Lyme - I really am hoping he is back to himself soon! I
can't stand running him at 50%, so he is having a vacation till he is back
to his old self. He has been terrible at the last two trials .

Dang it! It's getting to the point where I don't know any dogs that
don't have it. Honestly, I could see a difference in Khan's energy
level a few days after starting treatment. Hope Hunter gets well in a
hurry.

Suja

Old July 24th 03, 03:35 AM
Dimpled Chad

In article ,
"Melissa S. Frye" wrote:

Well Hunter has Lyme - I really am hoping he is back to himself soon! I
can't stand running him at 50%, so he is having a vacation till he is back
to his old self. He has been terrible at the last two trials .

Drat. Sorry to hear, Melissa. Hope Hunter gets well really soon.
Chad
--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

I still read the New York Times
Old July 24th 03, 07:24 PM
queenmother

"Melissa S. Frye" wrote in message
Well Hunter has Lyme -

Ah, bummer. Hope it all works out okay soon and he's back to his normal
self.

Puppy tested a litter by my Hunter - fun, and I LOVED the black and tan
boy - go figure! Heard that his other litter was born this morning - 5

b/t
girls!

Way to go Hunter! I bet they're absolutely beautiful!
--
~~Judy
Owned and entertained by Spenser - the best dog in the world.

Old July 24th 03, 07:28 PM
Mary W.

queenmother wrote:

"Melissa S. Frye" wrote in message
Well Hunter has Lyme -

Ah, bummer. Hope it all works out okay soon and he's back to his normal
self.

Puppy tested a litter by my Hunter - fun, and I LOVED the black and tan
boy - go figure! Heard that his other litter was born this morning - 5

b/t
girls!

Way to go Hunter! I bet they're absolutely beautiful!

I bet cocker puppies are really cute. Any pictures Melissa? I've
got a serious case of puppyitis, and it doesn't help that my
agility instructor just got a BC puppy (6 months old, but darling).

Mary

Old July 24th 03, 07:31 PM
Rocky

Melissa S. Frye said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Well Hunter has Lyme - I really am hoping he is back to
himself soon! I can't stand running him at 50%, so he is
having a vacation till he is back to his old self.

I'm sorry to hear this, Melissa. How long does his vacation
have to be?

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.
Old July 25th 03, 04:01 AM
Melissa S. Frye

"Rocky" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Melissa S. Frye said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Well Hunter has Lyme - I really am hoping he is back to
himself soon! I can't stand running him at 50%, so he is
having a vacation till he is back to his old self.

I'm sorry to hear this, Melissa. How long does his vacation
have to be?

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

Apparently a week. Most people I ask said that it took a week of deoxy to
get them back to them selves and it seems to be the case for him.

He will be on eoxycycline for a couple months (he seems to be tolerating it
great) but we are back training.

It felt awful - I just expect him to be in a certain place at a certain time
and he wasn't there...

Old July 25th 03, 10:14 AM
Chris Jung

"Mary W." wrote in message

queenmother wrote:

"Melissa S. Frye" wrote in message

Mary

www.mfrye.com/skyrocket/charlotte.html
back when they were VERY little...
www.mfrye.com/skyrocket/charlotte7.html
I also have stacked photos but those are boring...
for mind numbing cuteness -
from his earlier litter this year -
www.mfrye.com/skyrocket/ahlitter2.htm

I looked at the litter photos (way too cute) and I'm curious. Are those
black puppies Black or Black & Tan? I can see that Hunter as a B & T has
just smidges of tan here and there but I can't see any tan on the those
puppies. IIRC my genetics B & T is recessive, black is dominant (except for
a recessive black that is found in GSDs) and thus those puppies should be
B&Ts. So once again I'm confused.

Chris, her B & T, with plenty of chrome, smoothies and one premature graying
puppy,
Zeffie, Pablo & Bode a la mode

Old July 25th 03, 12:10 PM
Melissa S. Frye

www.mfrye.com/skyrocket/charlotte.html
back when they were VERY little...
www.mfrye.com/skyrocket/charlotte7.html
I also have stacked photos but those are boring...
for mind numbing cuteness -
from his earlier litter this year -
www.mfrye.com/skyrocket/ahlitter2.htm

I looked at the litter photos (way too cute) and I'm curious. Are those
black puppies Black or Black & Tan? I can see that Hunter as a B & T has
just smidges of tan here and there but I can't see any tan on the those
puppies. IIRC my genetics B & T is recessive, black is dominant (except

for
a recessive black that is found in GSDs) and thus those puppies should be
B&Ts. So once again I'm confused.

From Charlotte's litter one b/t and 4 blks, From this weeks litter they were
all b/t (no photos yet - should see them next weekend.
Charlotte is a black bitch, carrying for blk/tan
So what is your pick ou of the stacked?

Hunter is what we call a soft blk and tan - enough everywhere, but a lot of
people dont notice anything except the butt spot.

Old July 25th 03, 02:44 PM
Mary W.

"Melissa S. Frye" wrote:

www.mfrye.com/skyrocket/charlotte.html
back when they were VERY little...
www.mfrye.com/skyrocket/charlotte7.html
I also have stacked photos but those are boring...
for mind numbing cuteness -
from his earlier litter this year -
www.mfrye.com/skyrocket/ahlitter2.htm

Awww.. I knew they were cute. And the earlier litter pictures -
oh my! I love the sleeping pictures, and the "The end" picture.

Mary