I'll be doggone...

Old May 13th 11, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dogman[_3_]

Default I'll be doggone...

....the SEALs brought along a...Labrador Retriever!

"Military Working Dogs began drawing a lot of attention following the
Abbottabad raid on Osama Bin Laden when it was disclosed that the SEAL
team brought along a Labrador Retriever to assist them."

http://www.businessinsider.com/combat-dogs-2011-5?op=1

--
Dogman
Old May 14th 11, 04:53 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Jo Wolf

Huh. I"ll be darned.....

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old May 15th 11, 02:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
wd

On May 13, 11:53*pm, (Jo Wolf) wrote:
Huh. *I"ll be darned.....

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

That article is mistaken.
Cairo is a Belgian Malinois, the only team member to be identified by
name and breed.
http://www.pethall.com/headlines/cai...y-seal-team-6/
http://www.obama-dog.com/blog/2011/0...bin-laden.html

Mike
Old May 15th 11, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
wd

On May 13, 3:15*pm, Dogman wrote:
...the SEALs brought along a...Labrador Retriever!

"Military Working Dogs began drawing a lot of attention following the
Abbottabad raid on Osama Bin Laden when it was disclosed that the SEAL
team brought along a Labrador Retriever to assist them."

http://www.businessinsider.com/combat-dogs-2011-5?op=1

--
Dogman

This is incorrect! The dog pictured in businessinsider's article is
property of the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, a division of the Army.
The article contains a 2nd pic of the same dog...that one properly
identifies him.
Old May 15th 11, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Jo Wolf

Thanks, wd. I've got an obedience student with a great young Mal who
will enjoy seeing the pic with the working vest/electronics.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old May 15th 11, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dogman[_3_]

On Sun, 15 May 2011 06:49:13 -0700 (PDT), wd
wrote:

On May 13, 3:15*pm, Dogman wrote:
...the SEALs brought along a...Labrador Retriever!

"Military Working Dogs began drawing a lot of attention following the
Abbottabad raid on Osama Bin Laden when it was disclosed that the SEAL
team brought along a Labrador Retriever to assist them."

http://www.businessinsider.com/combat-dogs-2011-5?op=1

--
Dogman

This is incorrect! The dog pictured in businessinsider's article is
property of the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, a division of the Army.

Actually, the article doesn't say that the dog pictured was the dog
that the SEALs used. It just says that the dog was a Labrador
Retriever.

Whether it was a Lab or a Mal my hat is off to him.

Or her.

--
Dogman
Old May 16th 11, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
wd

On May 15, 2:02*pm, Dogman wrote:

This is incorrect! The dog pictured in businessinsider's article is
property of the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, a division of the Army.

Actually, the article doesn't say that the dog pictured was the dog
that the SEALs used. *It just says that the dog was a Labrador
Retriever.

Whether it was a Lab or a Mal my hat is off to him.

Or her.

--
Dogman

Please allow me to rephrase that ~ besides that the article you
submitted being WRONG, it was ALSO MISLEADING.

snipped
Obama also met Cairo, a dog used to help alert the special forces
teams to hidden threats, said an official who was present and asked
not to be identified to freely discuss the president's private
meeting. Cairo is the only member of the raid team to be identified by
name so far.

The Belgian Malinois was carried off the helicopter by a SEAL and used
to scout the compound. It was unclear exactly how Cairo was used or
whether it had entered the room where bin Laden died.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan.../D9N28CCG0.htm

See also
United States Navy SEALs used a Belgian Malinois war dog named Cairo
in Operation Neptune Spear, in which Osama bin Laden was killed.[6][7]
[8]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian..._Dog_(Malinois)

Old May 16th 11, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dogman[_3_]

On Sun, 15 May 2011 17:38:13 -0700 (PDT), wd
wrote:

On May 15, 2:02*pm, Dogman wrote:

This is incorrect! The dog pictured in businessinsider's article is
property of the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, a division of the Army.

Actually, the article doesn't say that the dog pictured was the dog
that the SEALs used. *It just says that the dog was a Labrador
Retriever.

Whether it was a Lab or a Mal my hat is off to him.

Or her.

--
Dogman

Please allow me to rephrase that ~ besides that the article you
submitted being WRONG, it was ALSO MISLEADING.

[...]

http://www.businessinsider.com/combat-dogs-2011-5?op=1

Hey, my friend, neither of us actually knows which article is/was
wrong.

My article said it was a Lab, your article says it was a Mal.

Neither source has a claim on the truth.

So please stop suggesting that the article was "misleading" or
"wrong"; you just can't know that.

Unless you were on the actual raid yourself?

Were you?

No?

Then we'll both probably never know for sure, because I sure wasn't.

--
Dogman
Old May 17th 11, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
wd

On May 16, 10:43*am, Dogman wrote:

Unless you were on the actual raid yourself?

Were you?

No?

Then we'll both probably never know for sure, because I sure wasn't.

--
Dogman- Hide quoted text -

On May 13, 3:15 pm, Dogman wrote:
...the SEALs brought along a...Labrador Retriever!

I guess this makes you some kind of a bigot.
Old May 17th 11, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dogman[_3_]

On May 13, 3:15 pm, Dogman wrote:
...the SEALs brought along a...Labrador Retriever!

I guess this makes you some kind of a bigot.

Okay, you got me there. I confess. I am a bigot.

I hate TROLLS.

Troll.

--
Dogman