Doing keeps getting bit.

Old July 24th 03, 11:18 PM
Edwin Davidson

Default Doing keeps getting bit.

I have a 1 1/2 yr old male Maltese (fixed) that keeps getting bit.

He's been in surgery 3 times so far. 2 for being bit, and one for
eating trash that blocked his insides up. Sometimes they are minor
and don't require going to the vet.

He keeps putting is nose under the neighbors fence, and chomp.

I have spent nearly $3000 in surgery bills on this dog. His brother,
(not biologically) another Maltese 1 1/2 yrs old, doesn't do this.

How can I discourage this behavior? I've put up chicken wire along
the backyard fence so he cannot get bit again. Yet the other day
while taking him for a walk, he yanked his leash out of my hand and
stuck his head under the neighbors fence. Another $400 vet bill.
Guess I'll need to attach his leach to my belt from now on.

Ideas?
Old July 25th 03, 03:31 AM
Emily Carroll

How can I discourage this behavior? I've put up chicken wire along
the backyard fence so he cannot get bit again. Yet the other day
while taking him for a walk, he yanked his leash out of my hand and
stuck his head under the neighbors fence. Another $400 vet bill.

Um, he's a Maltese. If you're having that much trouble hanging on to the
leash, perhaps you should tie it to your waist when you walk him.

~Emily

---