Boy do I love my senseation harness

Old July 26th 03, 12:15 AM
Holier Than Thou

Default Boy do I love my senseation harness

I took Toklat to the club last night to show off his senseation harness
to folks who were interested - everyone was amazed. We can't quite figure
out how it works, but it appears that by having the leash come from the
front, it somehow gives the dog the impression that they dont' belong way
out in front of you. The dog also seems to be much more AWARE of where i
am, and intead of dragging me towards a good smell, he comes with me when i
walk away.

--
BethF, Anchorage, AK
Old July 26th 03, 12:23 AM
Tricia9999

The dog also seems to be much more AWARE of where i
am, and intead of dragging me towards a good smell, he comes with me when i
walk away.

Glad you are having luck with it Beth. We now put all of our pulling shelter
dogs in them. We have many volunteers that walk the dogs several times a day,
many are seniors. The harness really makes it easier to walk them. We also put
tons of our class dogs in them and people love them. We almost never see the
head halters anymore, although some people still prefer them.
Old July 26th 03, 02:43 AM
Tricia9999

I still think there is a place for a head halter.
I personally think being able to control the head of a dog-aggressive dog
can be at the very least a confidence builder for the owner and at the very
best give additional control over the part that initiates the aggression.

Yes, in our dog reactive classes, many of the dogs still wear them. In fact,
some use the halter and the harness both.
Old July 26th 03, 03:33 AM
FurPaw

Holier Than Thou wrote:
I took Toklat to the club last night to show off his senseation harness
to folks who were interested - everyone was amazed. We can't quite figure
out how it works, but it appears that by having the leash come from the
front, it somehow gives the dog the impression that they dont' belong way
out in front of you. The dog also seems to be much more AWARE of where i
am, and intead of dragging me towards a good smell, he comes with me when i
walk away.

Beth - this sounds like just the thing for my big dogs. Do you
have any ordering information? I googled and all I could find
was one company called "Leashes and Lace," but they had no
pictures. Is this where you got yours?

Thanks -

FurPaw
--
There's no reason to give credence to anything spoken above 90
decibels.

To reply, unleash the dog.

Old July 26th 03, 06:39 AM
BethF

"Tricia9999" wrote in message
The dog also seems to be much more AWARE of where i
am, and intead of dragging me towards a good smell, he comes with me when

walk away.

Glad you are having luck with it Beth. We now put all of our pulling

shelter
dogs in them. We have many volunteers that walk the dogs several times a

day,
many are seniors. The harness really makes it easier to walk them. We also

put
tons of our class dogs in them and people love them. We almost never see

the
head halters anymore, although some people still prefer them.

Tricia,
Thank you for recommending it - I never would have ordered it without your
endorsement. I forsee a whole lot of alaskan dogs wearing these after
tomorrow's "DOG JOG" when I take the terror out in it and demo for all to
see.