Soft tissue growth under tongue (American Bull)

Old March 8th 12, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
ctops.legal

Default Soft tissue growth under tongue (American Bull)

This has just showed itself and as the video shows it's a soft (not
hard) growth just under and to the right of the bottom of the tongue
I'm hoping the cost to get it lanced will not be so high that we wont
have any choice but to euthanize the dog, anybody seen this ?
video; (the growth is not painful and has no fluid in it)

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8595/file1632.mp4
Old March 8th 12, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
ctops.legal

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4607/file5710.mp4
Old March 9th 12, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
ctops.legal

On Mar 8, 11:18*am, "ctops.legal" wrote:
On Mar 8, 8:27*am, "ctops.legal" wrote:

This has just showed itself and as the video shows it's a soft (not
hard) growth just under and to the right of the bottom of the tongue
I'm hoping the cost to get it lanced will not be so high that we wont
have any choice but to euthanize the dog, anybody seen this ?
video; (the growth is not painful and has no fluid in it)

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8595/file1632.mp4

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4607/file5710.mp4

These damm forums have really went to the SPAM dogs, it's sad
considering this is what made Google famous.
Old March 9th 12, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady[_2_]

On 3/8/2012 8:27 AM, ctops.legal wrote:
This has just showed itself and as the video shows it's a soft (not
hard) growth just under and to the right of the bottom of the tongue
I'm hoping the cost to get it lanced will not be so high that we wont
have any choice but to euthanize the dog, anybody seen this ?
video; (the growth is not painful and has no fluid in it)

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8595/file1632.mp4

.............sorry, don't do videos (don't you have a simple picture?),
but if it's not painful and there's no fluid in it, it probably isn't an
abcess, so can't be lanced. At any rate there's no way to know until
you get it excised. I would imagine they'd want to take an X-ray first
to see the bone structure for local invasion. At least that's what I'd
allow - X-ray and surgery. If it turns out to be a cancerous growth
further treatment could be done, but surgery alone will slow or stop
some of these cancers.

http://www.avds-online.org/info/oraltumors.html

............As to your comment further down about the NGs going to the
dogs, well, yes they have. Not because of Google but because of
Facebook, blogs and private forums. This mode of communication seems
too old-fashioned for most people.

best of luck to you and your pup
buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old March 10th 12, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
ctops.legal

On Mar 9, 7:49*am, buglady wrote:
[...]

Facebook, did make everybody lazy true I try to contribute to Google
groups on certain projects, oh as it turned out it was just another
benign growth found out animal has level 3 heart worms, :-(

thanks

Old March 10th 12, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady[_2_]

On 3/9/2012 7:02 PM, ctops.legal wrote:
oh as it turned out it was just another
benign growth found out animal has level 3 heart worms, :-(

..............Oh sh*t. Well, if the heart is in pretty good shape still,
it's very treatable. I think Immiticide was in short supply late last
year, dont' know if supply has improved.

Certainly one could start with doxycycline to knock out the parasite
that lives in heartworm (Wolfbachia), which has perhaps been implicated
in bad reactions in worm dieoffs.

http://veterinarynews.dvm360.com/dvm....jsp?id=735359

I'd certainly give this pup a chance. Maybe add some supplements to
diet to help heart - CoQ10-, fish oil, L-carnitine, etc.

Good reading he http://www.dogaware.com/articles/newsimmiticide.html

Continued luck to you,
Old March 10th 12, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
ctops.legal

On Mar 9, 7:25*pm, buglady wrote:
On 3/9/2012 7:02 PM, ctops.legal wrote:
* oh as it turned out it was just another

benign growth found *out animal has level 3 heart worms, :-(

.............Oh sh*t. *Well, if the heart is in pretty good shape still,
it's very treatable. *I think Immiticide was in short supply late last
year, dont' know if supply has improved.

Certainly one could start with doxycycline to knock out the parasite
that lives in heartworm (Wolfbachia), which has perhaps been implicated
in bad reactions in worm dieoffs.

http://veterinarynews.dvm360.com/dvm....jsp?id=735359

I'd certainly give this pup a chance. *Maybe add some supplements to
diet to help heart - CoQ10-, fish oil, L-carnitine, etc.

Good reading hehttp://www.dogaware.com/articles/newsimmiticide.html

Continued luck to you,
buglady
take out the dog before replying

Vet gave me some doxycycline but looking into the Immiticide treatment
looks like it;s about $650.00 per year here in town..
Old March 10th 12, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady[_2_]

On 3/10/2012 6:39 AM, ctops.legal wrote:

benign growth found out animal has level 3 heart worms, :-(

Vet gave me some doxycycline but looking into the Immiticide treatment
looks like it;s about $650.00 per year here in town..

.............I've never used it and don't know for sure, but I think it's
no more than and sometimes only one shot. They're charging that much
for just the Immiticide? Or does the cost figure in doxy, perhaps
steroids, etc., IOW the whole treatment?

Old March 11th 12, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady[_2_]

On 3/10/2012 1:13 PM, buglady wrote:
On 3/10/2012 6:39 AM, ctops.legal wrote:

benign growth found out animal has level 3 heart worms, :-(

Vet gave me some doxycycline but looking into the Immiticide treatment
looks like it;s about $650.00 per year here in town..

............I've never used it and don't know for sure, but I think it's
no more than TWO and sometimes only one shot. They're charging that much for
just the Immiticide? Or does the cost figure in doxy, perhaps steroids,
etc., IOW the whole treatment?

buglady
take out the dog before replying

.............sorry forgot the TWO! Two shots. But they sometimes need 3,
so I wonder what the price includes.

.........Yikes I checked prices online and some report as high as 1500
bucks! Highway robbery.
But a mastiff in 2010 only cost 500 bucks:
http://www.petmd.com/blogs/fullyvett...t#.T1vmNPVgG1s

Old March 11th 12, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Jo Wolf

Well, shuckey-darn. Level 3 heartworm.....

Ivermectin is being used around here when imiticide isn't available,
after a course of doxy. At least in dogs that aren't in the Collie
family.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA