Now I know...

Old July 27th 03, 07:02 PM
Marie

Default Now I know...

that I am a mom...or a dog owner...or exhausted...or something...

Christopher has been in rare form today. He has managed, through spitting
up, to grunge 3 outfits, 6 receiving blankets and about a dozen bibs so far.

So I'm sitting at the computer holding him in my lap, when he does the
Mt.Vesuvious thing *again.* His bib, his foot, my hand, my leg and the seat
of th computer chair. WA-A-AH :-( Hubby's not home and I can't reach a
paper towel.

I found mysef calling Macula over, and holding Chris I told her what a good
girl she was as she licked the milk off the baby, the chair and me :-/

I'm not sure if this was a good thing. I'm not sure I've been fair to baby
*or* dog. But neither of them seem harmed by the experience.

Marie
Meet Macula at http://members.rogers.com/mmcw/

Old July 27th 03, 07:10 PM
Sionnach

"Marie" wrote:

I found mysef calling Macula over, and holding Chris I told her what a

good
girl she was as she licked the milk off the baby, the chair and me :-/

I'm not sure if this was a good thing. I'm not sure I've been fair to

baby
*or* dog. But neither of them seem harmed by the experience.

Heck, Marie, that's what dogs are *for*! Handy cleanup. Seriously, our
dogs (that is, my sister's and mine) have always helped with kiddie cleanup-
faces, hands, spilled foods, and so forth.
So long as the food's not something harmful to dogs, the dog has
appropriate bite inhibition, and you wash the dog spit off the kids now and
then, I've never known it to do harm.

Sarah
Brenin, CGC, AD, O-EAC-V, O-EJC-V, EGC
Gwydion, Handy Cat
Morag Thistledown, Novice Triple Superior, S-OAC, S-OJC, O-OGC, EJC
Robyn Meezer, Inspector of Human Activity
Rocsi Cadarn, S-NJC, NAC, NGTG, OGTG

Old July 27th 03, 07:38 PM
dogsnus

"Marie" wrote in
le.rogers.com:

that I am a mom...or a dog owner...or exhausted...or something...

Christopher has been in rare form today. He has managed, through
spitting up, to grunge 3 outfits, 6 receiving blankets and about a dozen
bibs so far.

So I'm sitting at the computer holding him in my lap, when he does the
Mt.Vesuvious thing *again.* His bib, his foot, my hand, my leg and the
seat of th computer chair. WA-A-AH :-( Hubby's not home and I can't
reach a paper towel.

I found mysef calling Macula over, and holding Chris I told her what a
good girl she was as she licked the milk off the baby, the chair and me
:-/

I'm not sure if this was a good thing. I'm not sure I've been fair to
baby *or* dog. But neither of them seem harmed by the experience.

ROTFL!!
Er, to me_, anyway, it sounds like a real mom/dog owner winner/winner
situation!

There comes a point, in ever parents life, when you shuck the
niceties and that shiny covered book you bought when you
were still pregnant,
and just do what your sleep deprived brain tells
you to do to get the job done with the minimum of fuss involved.

Thumbs up, Marie!

Terri

Old July 27th 03, 08:22 PM
montana

In article
ogers.com,
"Marie" wrote:

I'm not sure if this was a good thing. I'm not sure I've been fair to baby
*or* dog. But neither of them seem harmed by the experience.

Macula now has a reason to really love that Chris.
Old July 27th 03, 08:56 PM
misty

Marie wrote:

Christopher has been in rare form today.
He has managed, through spitting up, to
grunge 3 outfits, 6 receiving blankets
and about a dozen bibs so far.

Has your Ped said anything about Reflux to you? My oldest had that and
so did the youngest.

Things that can help keep the spitup down ;-) :

Baby sleeps reclining not flat.. either in a carseat or place books
under one end of his bed (the head) to raise it up a bit. If you
co-sleep.. use your arm to keep his upper part raised.

Breastmilk doesn't stain clothes g

If you are bottle-feeding be sure to hold him in the same position as
breastfeeding.. helps the liquid in his tummy stay where it's supposed
to.

If it is Reflux.. they make a nasty medicine called Zantac (very minty
stuff) that helps settle baby's tummy.

Here's more on spitting up:
http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/1026411203.html

As far as Macula's new treat.. it shouldn't hurt her. Zelda always tried
helping with clean-up on the other end though shudder No doggy kisses
after that!

~misty N~Zelda

Old July 29th 03, 01:49 PM
Alison

"Sionnach" wrote in message

Heck, Marie, that's what dogs are *for*! Handy cleanup.

Seriously, our
dogs (that is, my sister's and mine) have always helped with kiddie

cleanup-
faces, hands, spilled foods, and so forth.
So long as the food's not something harmful to dogs, the dog has
appropriate bite inhibition, and you wash the dog spit off the kids

now and
then, I've never known it to do harm.

Absolutely , dogs are also handy for when the cat craps in the corner
and you can't reach it . LOL.
Alison .