Lennox on Death Row- Final Appeal

Old April 22nd 12, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison[_3_]

Default Lennox on Death Row- Final Appeal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-17791311
A final bid to spare the life of a pitbull terrier-type dog will go before
Northern Ireland's most senior judges next month.

Lennox was seized by Belfast City Council dog wardens in May 2010.

The dog was assessed to be a danger to the public and subsequently ordered
to be put down.

His owner, Caroline Barnes has been trying to get the death sentence lifted
ever since.

Lawyers for Ms Barnes are challenging a County Court decision that the dog
should be destroyed.

It was issued last September.

The family's case against Belfast City Council was mentioned on Friday at
the Court of Appeal to ensure both sides are ready for hearing.

Lord Chief Justice Sir Declan Morgan told legal representatives the case
was listed for 24 May.

He confirmed that half a day has been set aside for judges to hear the
arguments.

--
Alison,

Old April 24th 12, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
P E Schoen[_2_]

"Alison" wrote in message ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-17791311
A final bid to spare the life of a pitbull terrier-type dog will go before
Northern Ireland's most senior judges next month.

It is amazing that this has continued for so long. Two years, and so much
expense by the authorities and the owners and all the people who have
contributed time and money toward this case. And I agree that it is
ludicrous and tragic, and BSL in general is ineffective and morally
offensive. But I think this case is being used as a political football, and
probably at the expense of Lennox's well-being. After two years of being
imprisoned, he may now very well be a menace to society if he were to be
released.

And I heard that the family refuses to allow anyone else to take him
elsewhere to a place where the laws would allow him to live and be treated
as any other dog. Maybe it's worth it to bring public pressure upon the
Belfast Council to change this law and the arbitrary way in which it is
enforced, but I think there were other options that would have been more
humane to Lennox.

Paul and Muttley
www.muttleydog.com

Old April 24th 12, 09:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison[_3_]

--
"P E Schoen" wrote in message
"Alison" wrote in message ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-17791311
A final bid to spare the life of a pitbull terrier-type dog will go
before Northern Ireland's most senior judges next month.

It is amazing that this has continued for so long. Two years, and so much
expense by the authorities and the owners and all the people who have
contributed time and money toward this case. And I agree that it is
ludicrous and tragic, and BSL in general is ineffective and morally
offensive. But I think this case is being used as a political football, and
probably at the expense of Lennox's well-being. After two years of being
imprisoned, he may now very well be a menace to society if he were to be
released.

I don't see a happy ending in this case. There will be changes to the
BSL
but there is doubt they will be effective
Too late for Lennox anyway.

Old April 28th 12, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison[_3_]

"Alison" wrote in message

http://ctechwebhosting.co.uk/savelen...lth-condition/

The state he is in (

Old April 28th 12, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison[_3_]

"P E Schoen" wrote in message
"Alison" wrote in message ...

Maybe it's worth it to bring public pressure upon the

Belfast Council to change this law and the arbitrary way in which it is
enforced, but I think there were other options that would have been more
humane to Lennox.

After seeing photos of him with bad skin and sores a lot of people are
thinking
thats it's not humane to keep him in those conditions and it would be
kinder to PTS. I would think those kennels are very basic and he gets
little attention and little exercise. it's not the same as boarding or
rescue kennels where they would have better care. If an individual kept a
dog in that state they would probably be prosecuted.
Ali

Old April 28th 12, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dogman[_3_]

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:26:59 +0100, "Alison"
wrote:

"P E Schoen" wrote in message
"Alison" wrote in message ...

Maybe it's worth it to bring public pressure upon the

Belfast Council to change this law and the arbitrary way in which it is
enforced, but I think there were other options that would have been more
humane to Lennox.

After seeing photos of him with bad skin and sores a lot of people are
thinking
thats it's not humane to keep him in those conditions and it would be
kinder to PTS. I would think those kennels are very basic and he gets
little attention and little exercise. it's not the same as boarding or
rescue kennels where they would have better care. If an individual kept a
dog in that state they would probably be prosecuted.
Ali

One of the most amazing things about this sad affair is that Lennox
isn't even a "pitbull," but an American Bulldog/Labrador retriever
cross!

Why doesn't the RSPCA demand that Lennox at least be treated humanely,
and get adequate medical care, while the doofuses on the Belfast
Council continue to stare at their navels? Why even have an RSPCA if
not for situations just like this one? Sheesh.

--
Dogman