Urgent Questions About Tav ( Now I've Gone and Done It)

Old July 29th 03, 04:08 AM
Emily Carroll

Default Urgent Questions About Tav ( Now I've Gone and Done It)

No, I'm sure I'd be able to smell it. I've had my nose on the ground and
on
the couch sniffing for it. Nothing.

I'm using paper litter. The rescue group said they used various types for

him,
and he wasn't choosey. Could it be that I just can't see or smell it in

the
box?

I use clumping litter. Easy to tell if there's anything in it, even if you
were deaf and couldn't hear her digging her holes to china in the litterbox.

~Emily

---

Old July 29th 03, 11:54 AM
Melinda Shore

In article ,
Emily Carroll wrote:
I use clumping litter. Easy to tell if there's anything in it, even if you
were deaf and couldn't hear her digging her holes to china in the litterbox.

Clumping litter is dangerous for dogs that are dookie
divers. If someone's going to use it they've got to be
fastidious about keeping their dogs out of the catbox.

If you don't understand how things are connected, the cause of
problems is solutions -- Amory Lovins
Old July 29th 03, 12:43 PM
shelly

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Melinda Shore wrote:

Clumping litter is dangerous for dogs that are dookie
divers. If someone's going to use it they've got to be
fastidious about keeping their dogs out of the catbox.

there's also some concern that it's not too good for cats.
when mine come out of the litter, the first thing they do is
wash their feet, which means they'd be eating bits of clumping
litter. it's probably not a large enough quantity to be an
issue, but better safe than sorry.

compressed pine pellets work *great*. i get the stuff that
comes in huuuge bags from the feed store. it's meant for
lining small critter cages, but it's the same stuff marketed
in smaller, more expensive bags as kitty litter.

--
shelly (foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette
Old July 29th 03, 05:02 PM
Cate

"Leah" -OFF wrote in message

McTavish kept having recurrences of crystals, and his owners brought him

in to
put him to sleep because they were tired of dealing with it.

horrified look

Sheesh. Some people don't know what real trouble is.

The vet refused,

Good for him.

Cate