Ping Suja

Old July 29th 03, 07:17 PM
Suja

Default Ping Suja

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:

Just got around to looking at your webpage again, and I noticed that the
info on Kahn has not been updated.

That's it! The gloves come off! He's Khan (like 'The wrath of' and
Ghenghis, not Kahn like Madeline). What'd you think my boy is? Some
kind of sissy?

To answer your question, The Continuing Saga of Khan is being cross
referenced and indexed, even as we speak. Unfortunately, the server is
being completely non-cooperative WRT responding to login efforts and
pings, and the jerk who likes to call himself sys admin appears to have
a life and has vanished for the summer. When I'm done with the exams,
and when the machines come back online, his story will get updated. You
may start holding your breath NOW!

Do I need to remind you how serious of an offence this is??

HAH! I'll sic mean ole Khan on you!

Suja

Old July 29th 03, 07:25 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Suja wrote in :

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:

Just got around to looking at your webpage again, and I noticed that
the info on Kahn has not been updated.

That's it! The gloves come off! He's Khan (like 'The wrath of' and
Ghenghis, not Kahn like Madeline). What'd you think my boy is? Some
kind of sissy?

OOPS. My bad. As for the sissy question, I have yet to see him in the
presence of a really heavy rain.

To answer your question, The Continuing Saga of Khan is being cross
referenced and indexed, even as we speak. Unfortunately, the server
is being completely non-cooperative WRT responding to login efforts
and pings, and the jerk who likes to call himself sys admin appears
to have a life and has vanished for the summer. When I'm done with
the exams, and when the machines come back online, his story will get
updated. You may start holding your breath NOW!

OK. Make sure that you tell me when I can breathe again.

Do I need to remind you how serious of an offence this is??

HAH! I'll sic mean ole Khan on you!

I am really scared. Really I am. All I have to do is get up on the bed
and I will be safe.

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'Keep Canada beautiful. Swallow your
beer cans.'

Old July 29th 03, 08:26 PM
Suja

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:

OOPS. My bad. As for the sissy question, I have yet to see him in the
presence of a really heavy rain.

That's not a sissy thing, that's an intelligence thing. Ask any halfway
smart dog, and they'll tell you that going out in really heavy rain is
just nuts. Unless there is a really good reason, like furry 4 legged
ones within striking distance.

OK. Make sure that you tell me when I can breathe again.

I'm guessing right now, but some time in September. Gen might have a
problem with that.

I am really scared. Really I am. All I have to do is get up on the bed
and I will be safe.

You got us there. This morning, DH got out of bed, and Khan was
standing on tht side, big grin on his face, tail wagging, woo-wooing
softly and making snuffling noises. He was looking so darn cute I told
him to get on the bed, but he just continued to stand there woo-wooing
and wagging his tail. Not surprising, since he doesn't know what 'Get
on the bed' means. I had a brilliant idea, and said 'Khan, come!'. He
did. The big dork walked all the way around the bed and came over to my
side. *sigh*

Suja

Old July 29th 03, 08:37 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Suja wrote in :

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:
OK. Make sure that you tell me when I can breathe again.

I'm guessing right now, but some time in September. Gen might have a
problem with that.

Not so sure about that. Moogli made a "rar" sound last night, so I said
it back to him and made an attempt to use it in *every* sentance last
night. (Solely for his benefit. I was not motivated at all by my own
childish delight. Nope. Not at all. Uh-uh) She was ready to kill me after
10 minutes.

I am really scared. Really I am. All I have to do is get up on the
bed and I will be safe.

You got us there. This morning, DH got out of bed, and Khan was
standing on tht side, big grin on his face, tail wagging, woo-wooing
softly and making snuffling noises. He was looking so darn cute I
told him to get on the bed, but he just continued to stand there
woo-wooing and wagging his tail. Not surprising, since he doesn't
know what 'Get on the bed' means. I had a brilliant idea, and said
'Khan, come!'. He did. The big dork walked all the way around the
bed and came over to my side. *sigh*

Of course he didn't come up. He *knows* that when he gets up on the bed,
a soop3r s33krit door opens in the ceiling and soaks him with water.

Have you tried hiding under the pillows/covers and calling him to find
you??

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'That's a lot more mature than I think
I care to be.' -- Calvin

Old July 29th 03, 08:39 PM
Suja

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:

Not so sure about that. Moogli made a "rar" sound last night, so I said
it back to him and made an attempt to use it in *every* sentance last
night. (Solely for his benefit. I was not motivated at all by my own
childish delight. Nope. Not at all. Uh-uh) She was ready to kill me after
10 minutes.

I wonder why?

Of course he didn't come up. He *knows* that when he gets up on the bed,
a soop3r s33krit door opens in the ceiling and soaks him with water.

You told him that? You're such a meanie!

Have you tried hiding under the pillows/covers and calling him to find
you??

Oh, the hide and seek games are beyond pathetic, although we haven't
done this version. Generally, I'll hide somewhere, and call him. He'll
walk around, and walk around some more, and walk around some more ...
well, you get the idea. The only way to get him to find me is to keep
calling his name and make a lot of racket. He is not much of a tracking
dog.

Suja

Old July 29th 03, 08:48 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Suja wrote in :

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:

Of course he didn't come up. He *knows* that when he gets up on the
bed, a soop3r s33krit door opens in the ceiling and soaks him with
water.

You told him that? You're such a meanie!

Twasn't me!! Moogli is allowed up on the bed. So no trap doors here. Have
you talked to DH??

Have you tried hiding under the pillows/covers and calling him to
find you??

Oh, the hide and seek games are beyond pathetic, although we haven't
done this version. Generally, I'll hide somewhere, and call him.
He'll walk around, and walk around some more, and walk around some
more ... well, you get the idea. The only way to get him to find me
is to keep calling his name and make a lot of racket. He is not much
of a tracking dog.

Trail of hotdogs/doggy treats??

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'Graduate school is very much like
junior high, but with tenure.'

Old July 29th 03, 08:54 PM
Suja

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:

Trail of hotdogs/doggy treats??

Doesn't seem to help much. Unless he's specifically trailing the hotdog
(tie a hotdog to thread, drag it around, etc.). But, I'm not about to
drag hotdogs around the house. Doesn't work outside the house, BTW.
He'd go off trail after some other yummy scent. Kinda dumb that way -
leaving 100% chance at scoring some yummy food to go after something
where there is almost 0% chance of him scoring any food.

Suja

Old July 29th 03, 08:59 PM
shelly

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Suja wrote:

You got us there. This morning, DH got out of bed, and Khan was
standing on tht side, big grin on his face, tail wagging, woo-wooing
softly and making snuffling noises. He was looking so darn cute I told
him to get on the bed, but he just continued to stand there woo-wooing
and wagging his tail.

oh gawd, that would've just about killed me! how insanely
sweet!

Not surprising, since he doesn't know what 'Get
on the bed' means. I had a brilliant idea, and said 'Khan, come!'. He
did. The big dork walked all the way around the bed and came over to my
side. *sigh*

what Khan needs is an "up" command. harriet would be happy to
help him learn it. it's good for everything from getting in
the car to getting on the furniture to getting up on the
kitchen counter.

--
shelly (foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette
Old July 29th 03, 09:01 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

shelly wrote in
arble.net:

what Khan needs is an "up" command. harriet would be happy to
help him learn it. it's good for everything from getting in
the car to getting on the furniture to getting up on the
kitchen counter.

Moogli can also help. He can be an invited guest speaker. His topic will be
how to turn a computer chair so that you can get onto the desk.

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'The more people I meet, the more I
love my cat...'

Old July 29th 03, 09:05 PM
shelly

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Suja wrote:

He'd go off trail after some other yummy scent. Kinda dumb that way -
leaving 100% chance at scoring some yummy food to go after something
where there is almost 0% chance of him scoring any food.

that's because it's about the journey, not the destination.
crittering is even more satisfying than PB.

--
shelly (foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Ping: Liisa (Irish Parents, White Pups) KWBrown Dog breeds 10 September 13th 04 11:31 AM
PING buglady jokerpit Dog health 24 August 11th 04 03:10 AM
Ping: Liisa Shelly & The Boys Dog breeds 3 November 21st 03 08:11 PM
Ping Suja and Dianne S Gwen Watson Dog behavior 7 July 18th 03 01:51 PM
Ping shelly Dimpled Chad Dog behavior 32 July 17th 03 12:19 AM