7 Mistakes You're making in Behaviour Modification

Old August 12th 14, 08:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default 7 Mistakes You're making in Behaviour Modification

On Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:47:35 PM UTC-8, Alison wrote:
Let me start by saying this: I have made all of these mistakes at various

points in my career. Even now, I have times when something goes wrong in a

training session and upon closer examination, I will spot one of these

mistakes.

There's no such thing as a perfect training or behavior modification

session. I've been to lectures by some of the world's best animal trainers

and they have shown videos of themselves training a dog, beluga whale, or

walrus and pointed out their training errors. We all make mistakes.

The difference between a good behavior modification program and a bad one

is the ability to spot these mistakes and correct ourselves, rather than

punish the dog.

http://www.sacramentodogbehavior.com/6mistakesbmod.htm

--

By Lisa Mullinax