beware of dog

Old August 1st 03, 07:24 PM
culprit

Default beware of dog

the house across the street has a big "Beware of Dog" sign posted at their
driveway. I've seen the man who lives there a couple times, he's tall,
rugged, looks like he works with his hands, probably in his early 50s.
wears a cowboy hat and work boots most of the time. drives an old beat up
chevy truck.

i had often wondered just what kind of dog he had to warn people about.
well, today, i found out.

i was walking Lola up the road for my morning coffee, and she perked up her
ears and looked toward the house. it took me a minute to be sure i wasn't
imagining it, but then i saw it.

schnauzers. miniature schnauzers. LOTS of them. running all over the
place, happily yipping and digging and generally being adorable.

i never would have guessed.

-kelly

Old August 1st 03, 07:32 PM
bentcajungirl

schnauzers. miniature schnauzers. LOTS of them. running all over the
place, happily yipping and digging and generally being adorable.

What a cute story.....I love it. Mr. Rough and Tough Guy....eh?
Perry
bentcajungirl

Old August 1st 03, 08:12 PM
Chris Williams

One of our walking spots is in view of a freeway; semi drivers often
see it and pull off to walk their dogs. It's an interesting mix, and
they're all good, attentive dogs. All that time together in the cab,
maybe.
Do I quote Lynn K. correctly? "The best behaved dog in San Francisco
belongs to a homeless man. All that 24/7."

Just because humans are slow and can't smell or hear
very well doesn't mean they don't possess a primitive
type of intelligence.

Old August 1st 03, 08:47 PM
Chris Williams

Can I steal this to put in my sig file??
Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

I'd be _really flattered because I think it's original. Course, I
often think that, then discover I just forgot the source.
Don't you think, Marcel, that while IQ tests are under attack for
cultural bias, our entire concept of intelligence is guilty of species
bias?