Khan meets the ferrets

Old August 4th 03, 04:03 PM
Suja

Default Khan meets the ferrets

On Friday, we picked up Pan (future visiting dog) for a dry run to see
how she'd do. Got to their house, and let Khan in...forgetting that Pan
lives with two cats. He is sooo excited, and ignores the happy,
prancing dog in front of him. Sniffs around eagerly and takes off after
something, but Pan's mom tells me not to worry, the cats can take care
of themselves, and there are lots of places where they can go but dogs
cannot. We see him poke his head in a door, whine softly and then beat
a hasty retreat. Khan, meet the sharp end of a cat.

We then went downstairs to meet the ferrets. Khan comes over to the
basement, sniffs around, and his eyes get *this* round when he finally
spots the ferrets. He is interested. Very interested. And his
intentions are most definitely not honorable. The ears go waaay
forward, the tail goes up, slowly swishing from side to side. He lies
down next to the cage, poking his nose as far into the cage as he can
get. The younger of the two ferrets sniff him right back. He whines
softly 'It's sooo not fair, why do they have to be behind bars where I
can't get at them'. And drools.

At that point, we decide not to torture him further, so I picked up Pan
and left. That visit went better than I expected. She was quite whiney
and kept pacing, but as long as she had treats in front of her, we were
playing, or outdoors, all was good. She stayed close enough to me so I
could see her, came trotting over every time I called, and made nice
with my neighbor's daughter who was more than a little intimidated by
her size, and all drossed out by the drool. I am not as worried about
her as I was before.

Suja