So how exactly does one introduce a cat to a dog?

Old August 8th 03, 05:16 PM
Emily Carroll

Default So how exactly does one introduce a cat to a dog?

My FOX RED Lab puppy will be arriving in 2 1/2 weeks (*yippy!*). Her Royal
Highness Queen Snot (a 6 lb. tabby & white year old cat) has yet to meet a
dog.

Any suggestions, besides locking them in a bathroom together and waiting for
the puppy to holler "OUCH!" when sharp-foot meets nose?

--
Emily Carroll
http://www.geocities.com/diamonds_in...yes/index.html

---

Old August 9th 03, 01:54 AM
jake huffman

Emily Carroll wrote:
My FOX RED Lab puppy will be arriving in 2 1/2 weeks (*yippy!*). Her Royal
Highness Queen Snot (a 6 lb. tabby & white year old cat) has yet to meet a
dog.

Any suggestions, besides locking them in a bathroom together and waiting for
the puppy to holler "OUCH!" when sharp-foot meets nose?

Please do the right thing and have your puppy sterilized before bringing
him home.

--
jake

Old August 9th 03, 02:49 AM
badgirl

"jake huffman" wrote in message
s.com...
.. Many breeds
are going to crap because of irresponsible owners
like Emily who think they should breed their dog
because it is pretty.

I just have a small question...

How is asking how to introduce a puppy and a cat equate to being an
irresponsible owner? I didn't see her asking how she could breed her
dog in there anywhere.

Jen

Old August 9th 03, 03:09 AM
jake huffman

badgirl wrote:
"jake huffman" wrote in message
s.com...
. Many breeds

are going to crap because of irresponsible owners
like Emily who think they should breed their dog
because it is pretty.

I just have a small question...

How is asking how to introduce a puppy and a cat equate to being an
irresponsible owner? I didn't see her asking how she could breed her
dog in there anywhere.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I thought
I saw Emily say she was getting into breeding or
showing labs. I don't think anyone should be breeding
dogs while my wife is killing puppies who don't
have a home.

the sooner she castrates her puppy the better.

[jake]

Jen

Old August 9th 03, 02:07 PM
Emily Carroll

Please do the right thing and have your puppy sterilized before bringing
him home.

He's a show dog. Sterilization isn't a possibility unless he ends up being
either not showable or failing his health certs.

~Emily

---

Old August 9th 03, 02:11 PM
Emily Carroll

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I thought
I saw Emily say she was getting into breeding or
showing labs. I don't think anyone should be breeding
dogs while my wife is killing puppies who don't
have a home.

I can personally guarantee to you that ANY puppy that may be sired by my dog
will (a) NEVER end up in a shelter, and (b) If by some twist of fate does,
and I'm alerted to it, WILL NOT DIE THERE if there is the most remote
chance I can do anything about it.

Responsible breeders aren't the ones producing dogs that end up in shelters,
people who don't care are.

~Emily

---

Old August 9th 03, 02:14 PM
Emily Carroll

WTF? Where did this come from? Certainly not from this post or
any of the others that Emily has written here over the years.
Years.

Many people think it's unethical to breed a dog that isn't from field lines,
that's all. Somehow show dogs aren't capable of hunting (though many do),
are too fat to do anything (though most of them I've met are in excellent
shape), or don't have the drive to earn field championships (which is true,
but I don't see a point in a competitive field competition when we have hunt
tests).

~Emily

---

Old August 9th 03, 02:48 PM
sighthounds etc.

On 9 Aug 2003 04:36:56 GMT, Rocky wrote:

jake huffman said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Many breeds
are going to crap because of irresponsible owners
like Emily who think they should breed their dog
because it is pretty.

WTF? Where did this come from? Certainly not from this post or
any of the others that Emily has written here over the years.
Years.

It's just another example of why it's wise when subbing onto a
newsgroup to read, get the feel of the ng, and get to know the
regulars a little, before jumping in with one's opinons.

Mustang Sally

Old August 9th 03, 03:45 PM
jake huffman

Rocky wrote:

jake huffman said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Many breeds
are going to crap because of irresponsible owners
like Emily who think they should breed their dog
because it is pretty.

WTF? Where did this come from? Certainly not from this post or
any of the others that Emily has written here over the years.
Years.

Wow. You're certainly very touchy about topic. Take a chill
pill. I've seen lots of posts from Emily stating that
she wants to become a breeder and produce a dual
champion Labrador. You can't do that with a non
standard lab. She's seems terribly ill-informed?
Are you a breeder? Is that why you are so sensitive?

[jake]

Old August 9th 03, 04:00 PM
sighthounds etc.

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 14:40:52 GMT, jake huffman
wrote:

sighthounds etc. wrote:
On 9 Aug 2003 04:36:56 GMT, Rocky wrote:

jake huffman said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Many breeds
are going to crap because of irresponsible owners
like Emily who think they should breed their dog
because it is pretty.

WTF? Where did this come from? Certainly not from this post or
any of the others that Emily has written here over the years.
Years.

It's just another example of why it's wise when subbing onto a
newsgroup to read, get the feel of the ng, and get to know the
regulars a little, before jumping in with one's opinons.

Well,

I've been popping in occasionally for a few
months, and it seems that Emily is dead set on
breeding, and now she's got a non standard Lab.
She wants to become a breeder and she has a whole
page of imaginary breedings at her website, which
is kind of disturbing to me. I don't think Emily
should be breeding dogs. What's the big deal
about that?

According to her web site, she wants to train dogs as a career and
shows in obedience. I saw something about agility too, didn't see
anything about her wanting to become a breeder. Even if she did, I
don't see that as an evil thing, so long as she is a responsible
breeder.

Popping in on a ng occasionally is not going to tell you much about
either the ng or its regulars. Of course, you have every right to do
that if you choose, but don't be surprised if people jump all over you
when you're wrong, such as now.

I'll be you've never had to put down litters of
beautiful labrador puppies? If you had did, maybe
you'd be singing a different tune?

I'll bet you don't know a thing about me. I volunteered as assistant
to the euthanasia tech at our local shelter for a while, and I know a
bit about overpopulation and unwanted animals. This however has
nothing at all to do with responsible breeders, because responsible
breeders don't contribute to that problem.

Mustang Sally