PING: Marcel (OT)

Old August 11th 03, 06:49 AM
Abby Pennington

Default PING: Marcel (OT)

So I just spent about 5 days in Canada (Winnipeg), and I make it a point to
look for poutine at the McD's. They don't have it there anymore! (Not that
I was gonna try it... g) But I was offered gravy for my fries at every
restaurant. What kind of gravy is it, anyway? Stuff that you'd normally put
on mashed potatoes?

Either way, I thought of you when I was searching for poutine. g

--
-Abby

Pems, Aussie, and a Pug

****Remove shoes to reply****
Old August 11th 03, 06:51 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Abby Pennington wrote in
:

Marcel Beaudoin wrote in
. 1.4:

Hey!! You might have run into my mom out there. She lives there!!!

Does she show dogs? g

Nopew, but she is thinking of opening a motel with it's own dogs so that
dog people who are travelling can take dogs for a walk, cuddle or
whatever.

That's usually why I am in Canada--I LOVE
Canadian dog shows! I am going to Etobicoke in early Nov for a Pug
specialty and all-breed shows! I may be going to Thunder Bay in
September, and I am definitely going back to Winnipeg for their
November show at the convention center. I love Winterpeg.

Winterpeg is nice in winter mainly because there are no mosquitos
present. Thunder Bay is, well, in the back of no-where. My brother went
to LU for 4 years. If you go, there is a beautiful trail along a
peninsula that I highly recommend (the sleeping giant). I also recomment
Kakabeka falls, as well as a gorge that is a really cool. The flora on
the bottom of it are normally only found 1000s of kilometers to the
north, in the sub-arctic zone. it is also a cool place to pick amethyst
and see the monument comemorating where Terry Fox stopped his attempt to
run across Canada.

Interesting! Eric ordered a burger, and it came with "burger sauce."
We decided "burger sauce" was dross. I have no idea what it was!

Neither do I, but it sound's gross. Was the sauce really liquid (au jus)
or more like gravy?

Today is: 5 days to my wedding!!! Yeee-Haaaa!!!
Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'Never share your foxhole with someone
braver than you are.'

Old August 11th 03, 07:22 PM
Suja

Abby Pennington wrote:
It was not an au jus or a gravy--it was mayonaise-ey with chunks in it!
spew

Maybe we can somehow pin this on Cate's mom. Chunky burger sauce sounds
like it's right up her alley.

Suja (concurring in that spew)

Old August 11th 03, 07:23 PM
Abby Pennington

Marcel Beaudoin wrote in
. 1.4:

Nopew, but she is thinking of opening a motel with it's own dogs so
that dog people who are travelling can take dogs for a walk, cuddle or
whatever.

What a neat idea! Soooo many people come up to me in hotels when I am
walking my dogs to say "Oh I miss my dogs!" or "I have a Pug too!" or
some other such thing. That would be a good idea, I think.

Winterpeg is nice in winter mainly because there are no mosquitos
present.

Um, I live in MN, so I am used to both seasons--mosquito and winter.
However, Winnipeg wins in the area of biting flies--ICK!!! Those things
are so icky.

Thunder Bay is, well, in the back of no-where. My brother went
to LU for 4 years. If you go, there is a beautiful trail along a
peninsula that I highly recommend (the sleeping giant). I also
recomment Kakabeka falls, as well as a gorge that is a really cool.
The flora on the bottom of it are normally only found 1000s of
kilometers to the north, in the sub-arctic zone. it is also a cool
place to pick amethyst and see the monument comemorating where Terry
Fox stopped his attempt to run across Canada.

Sounds lovely! I'll look for those places, tho I don't usually have a lot
of time for sight-seeing. I have a friend in Thunder Bay--I am sure he
will help me out and show me the good places to go.

Old August 11th 03, 07:28 PM
Cate

"Suja" wrote in message
newscRZa.8193$qf.2311@lakeread06...
Abby Pennington wrote:
It was not an au jus or a gravy--it was mayonaise-ey with chunks in it!
spew

Maybe we can somehow pin this on Cate's mom. Chunky burger sauce sounds
like it's right up her alley.

Sounds like a euphemism for thousand island dressing, aka seekrit sauce. I'm
sure mom would approve--if it were ladled over chicken on white toast. Or
maybe on a Steak-Umm.

Cate

Old August 11th 03, 07:28 PM

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Abby Pennington wrote:

It was not an au jus or a gravy--it was mayonaise-ey with
chunks in it! spew

ptoui! that's disgusting! was it Thousand Islandish or
tartar sauce-ish (not that it makes any difference).

--
shelly (foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette
Old August 11th 03, 07:30 PM
Cate

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message

I once went to breakfast at the Opryland Hotel with some
Canadians and New Englanders, and the breakfast buffet
scared them a lot.

Considering Canadians put poutine in their mouths, it must've been pretty
damn scary.

Cate

Old August 11th 03, 07:40 PM
Abby Pennington

"Cate" wrote in
:

Sounds like a euphemism for thousand island dressing, aka seekrit
sauce. I'm sure mom would approve--if it were ladled over chicken on
white toast. Or maybe on a Steak-Umm.

No, trust me--t'weren't 1000 Island!! It was..err.. an interesting yellow
color. O_o

--
-Abby

Pems, Aussie, and a Pug

****Remove shoes to reply****
Old August 11th 03, 07:41 PM
Abby Pennington

shelly wrote in
arble.net:

ptoui! that's disgusting! was it Thousand Islandish or
tartar sauce-ish (not that it makes any difference).

Um, more along the lines of tartar sauce, but not tangy, and it was
yellower..

--
-Abby

Pems, Aussie, and a Pug