Learning Little Dog Behavior

Old August 11th 03, 03:23 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Default Learning Little Dog Behavior

"KellyC" wrote in news:bh80mq$nie$1
@blackhelicopter.databasix.com:

Can I teach her to eat
all her food at one time instead of nibbling.

A bunch of people did an informal survey of this a while back. Check google
(advanced groups search) for the thread started with this message:Message-
ID:
I think it was called big vs little dogs.

Personally, Moogli is somewhere between a gobbler and a grazer, so I tend
to free-feed.

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'90% of being smart is knowing what
you're dumb at.'

Old August 11th 03, 03:46 PM

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, KellyC wrote:

Can I teach her to eat all her food at one time instead of
nibbling.

yes, you can teach her to eat all her food at once. at
mealtimes, give her her ration of food. if she doesn't eat it
all in a reasonable amount of time (5-10 minutes), take the
remainder up. if you are consistent, she will soon get the
idea that she needs to eat her food when it's given to her.

i used to free-feed. when i switched my dogs to a more
nutritionally dense food, i decided to try set feedings so
that i could monitor how much each dog was eating and adjust
feeding amounts according to weight loss/gain. one of the
side benefits of set feedings is that you will know very
quickly when a dog is off its food. i like the peace of mind
i get, knowing that i have an extra tool to use in gaging my
dogs' health.

--
shelly (foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Learning Little Dog Behavior Tara O. Dog health 5 August 11th 03 03:46 PM
Learning Little Dog Behavior Tara O. Dog behavior 0 August 11th 03 03:14 PM
Weird Behavior randomme Dog health 10 August 2nd 03 11:31 PM
Puppy growth and behavior (aka Am I doing something wrong??) Aaron Dog behavior 2 July 28th 03 09:33 PM
Weird eating behavior.... Holier Than Thou Dog behavior 8 July 25th 03 06:29 PM