The Garbage Dumper Caught In The Act!!!

Old August 11th 03, 04:10 PM
Leah

Default The Garbage Dumper Caught In The Act!!!

When Murphy first joined the household, she started getting into the garbage.
So I put it up where she couldn't reach it. When we moved, she no longer tried
to get into it. The habit was broken. All was well in the land.

When MacKenzie joined us, I began to come home to a garbage-laden house. So I
put it up. Occasionally, if there wasn't anything interesting in it, I'd leave
it out. It wouldn't be touched. I learned to put it up only if I had left
anything foody in there. If I forgot, I'd be reminded when I got home. Every
time.

Recently, even uninteresting garbage has attracted the attention of the
culprit. MacKenzie, of course. She's my mischief-maker. She took over from
Madigan. If anything was chewed (which she's doing a LOT less now that she's
approaching two - even toys are lasting longer) or dumped on the floor, I knew
it was my teen-ager.

So the other day when I took MacKenzie to work, I left the garbage out.

And came home to a garbage-covered floor.

Hmm. Not MacKenzie? Or has she taught them all to do it?

So today, I put the cat litter in the garbage. And purposely left it out. I
know that's got to be about as tempting as anything could be.

Twice so far, I've heard the sound of the can hitting the floor. And come out
to find MURPHY with her head in it, and the other two in the living room! My
good girl! The one I trust the most! The little stinker. :}

The good news is that now that I've caught her twice and disciplined her - and
to Murphy, a stern "Eh!" and a displeased look on my face is harsh discipline -
she may actually stay away from it. Neither of my other two would respond that
quickly, but Murphy just might.

We'll see. I'll have to set her up while I'm home and listening. I can put
chicken in there tonight. :}

PetsMart Pet Trainer
My Kids, My Students, My Life:
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/m...age/index.html