what will my puppy lab learn in behaviour class?

Old October 5th 04, 01:48 PM
art

Default what will my puppy lab learn in behaviour class?

Can you tell me waht I should expect my puppy lab to learn at
puppy class?
What will it do for him?
Old October 5th 04, 09:15 PM
CCDOX

Can you tell me waht I should expect my puppy lab to learn at
puppy class?
What will it do for him?

The puppy classes that I know of are for socialization of the dog, for you to
learn what is and is not acceptable behavior, and to teach you how to teach
some basic commands (sit, come, down, stay).
Dorothy, owned by C.C., a very spoiled dachshund
Old October 6th 04, 04:49 AM

On 5 Oct 2004 05:48:12 -0700 art whittled these words:
Can you tell me waht I should expect my puppy lab to learn at
puppy class?

Most of what your puppy will learn will be outside of class. The class is
wonderful for teaching you, and for "socializing" your puppy.
"Scoializing" doesn't mean "playing with" although that is often part of
it. Socializing is the process of encouraging confidence and adaptability
by exposing the young animal to a wide variety of experiences - different
sizes and types of dogs and people, different environments. A good
instructor will be one who can watch you and make you aware of things you
are doing or not doing. A good instructor can watch you and your dog and
guide you in adjusting your interactions to better effect.

What will it do for him?

It will make you a more aware person, and thus more clear in what you are
asking of the dog.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/