Boston Terriers: Question about barking

Old November 16th 03, 07:00 PM
Penelope

Default Boston Terriers: Question about barking

Hi,

I would like to get a female Boston Terrier puppy, but need to get
approval from the condo board first, since I live in a condo building.
While they don't mind a dog in principle, they are concerned that she
will bark a lot, especially while we're away at work during the day.

She certainly did not bark when we visited her at the breeder's, and
neither did her brother, parents, and her grandmother, although all
were playful.

But then again she's only 8 weeks old still.

What do you think? What should I tell the board? Could a quiet Boston
puppy turn into a big barker?

We intend to work from home more than usual while the puppy is young,
but will eventually leave her on her own while we're at work.

Thanks in advance!

- Penelope
Old November 17th 03, 09:33 PM
Suzmyers

We have a 10 year old Boston Terrier male. We had to encourage him to bark
at about a year old because he was so quiet all the time. We finally trained
him to bark when someone rang the door bell.
Well, he still is LOTS quieter than our year old JRT female, but he does make
noise. However, I am a stay at home mom, and have been since we got him...if
he had been left a lot when we went to work, it might be a different story.
Also, I've only had one Boston, perhaps others would be different....
How about adopting a rescue with some history instead of a puppy?

Sue
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates