Update on Solo's tooth

Old August 19th 03, 03:26 PM

Default Update on Solo's tooth

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Melanie L Chang wrote:

It's more expensive, but oh well, that's what credit cards
are for. I didn't want to have them yanking a tooth that
major out if they didn't have to do it.

that sounds like a good decision. i hope the surgery goes
well and that Solo has a quick and thoroughly uneventful
recovery.

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Old August 19th 03, 06:21 PM
Kevin Michael Vail

(Melanie L Chang) wrote:

After some MEDLINE research, and more discussions with the vet (who is
ridiculously patient), I decided to opt for the root canal without crown
instead of an extraction. The extraction is much, much more invasive,
with much more pain and a longer recovery, and the tooth is otherwise
healthy -- no periodontal disease and the break is so recent that there
can't be any deep-seated infection or alveolar resorption. The tooth
after the procedure will be shorter and sturdier, so hopefully it won't
break again and it if does, as long as it's the same sort of fracture
(coronal instead of longitudinal) it won't have to be treated since the
inside will be "dead" anyway.

Yikes! I apparently missed the first posts on this. Poor Solo!

Solo went in this morning at about 8:45 and is supposed to be out of
surgery at around 11. He was pretty good for the anesthesiologist (which
means he only growled) and took the pre-sedative (ace + morphine) well,
without vomiting. They let me do most of the handling and I sat with him
until he went in. Fly came too for moral support, and ran around going,
"Yay!"

He should be out of surgery by now, then (it's after 1pm here). I'm
hoping he's recovering quickly from it! (And I love Fly, and I've not
even met her.)

It's more expensive, but oh well, that's what credit cards are for.

I wish I didn't know about this, but alas, I do.
--
Kevin Michael Vail | Dogbert: That's circular reasoning.
http://www.vaildc.net/kevin/
Old August 19th 03, 06:21 PM
Kevin Michael Vail

Old August 19th 03, 07:47 PM
Suja

Kevin Michael Vail wrote:
hoping he's recovering quickly from it! (And I love Fly, and I've not
even met her.)

Kevin, Fly is quite a pretty little thing. She is not nearly as homely
as Melanie makes her out to be (although she suffers in comparison to
Solo), and is just a very happy dog.

Suja