Suja's nasties

Old August 20th 03, 07:09 PM
Chris Williams

Default Suja's nasties

This is prompted by her post in another thread:
Put on plenty of bug spray if you're one
of those people that attract the nasties.

I'm curious about this in both people and dogs. Bugs don't bite me --
mosquitoes buzz around, but don't land. Similarly, Mac, my
doppelganger, almost never has a flea, so I don't put medication on him,
just hunt the rare one down with a flea comb. Pip has to be medicated.
Has this been explored? Is it a difference in body chemistry?
BTW, Suja: uncertain about 'mosquitos'' vs. 'mosquitoes', I put this
through spellchecker. It says your name is JuJu.

Just because humans are slow and can't smell or hear
very well doesn't mean they don't possess a primitive
type of intelligence.

Old August 20th 03, 07:25 PM
Suja

Chris Williams wrote:

This is prompted by her post in another thread:

Nearly gave me a heart attack when I read that subject line.

I'm curious about this in both people and dogs. Bugs don't bite me --

I wouldn't say that they don't bite me, but they prefer not to, if there
are other critters around. But, I generally dress in lots of clothes
(jeans, T-shirt with sleeves), whereas most people around me are wearing
shorts and tank tops, so I am sure that it makes some difference.
Has this been explored? Is it a difference in body chemistry?

Last time I checked this, it was explained by a difference in body
temperature. At least, that was known to contribute.

BTW, Suja: uncertain about 'mosquitos'' vs. 'mosquitoes', I put this
through spellchecker. It says your name is JuJu.

Been called worse, my friend.

Suja

Old August 20th 03, 07:37 PM

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Chris Williams wrote:

Has this been explored? Is it a difference in body
chemistry?

dunno what attracts fleas, but my understanding is that
mosquitos are attracted by CO2.

BTW, Suja: uncertain about 'mosquitos'' vs. 'mosquitoes', I
put this through spellchecker. It says your name is JuJu.

when in doubt, exaggerate it: mo-skwee-toes. dictionary.com
says it can be spelt either way. i opt for sans "e" as a form
of political protest (our present Smirking Chimp in Chief
makes our former vice-Smirking Chimp in Chief look like a
veritable brane surgeon). HTH!

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Old August 20th 03, 07:53 PM
Cate

"Suja" wrote in message

Last time I checked this, it was explained by a difference in body
temperature. At least, that was known to contribute.

Do they like hot or cold? Because they loooove me. I'm a mosquito and flea
magnet. Chiggers, too.

Cate

Old August 20th 03, 08:06 PM
Suja

shelly wrote:

dunno what attracts fleas, but my understanding is that
mosquitos are attracted by CO2.

Among other things. Here we go:
http://www.acponline.org/journals/an...8/mosquito.htm

Suja

Old August 20th 03, 08:07 PM

In article e.net,
shelly wrote:
my normal temperature is low and they tend to leave me alone.

Me too.

then again, it could that they sense my innate foulness.

Hmmm.

Fascism should more properly be called 'corporatism,' since it
is the marriage of government and corporate power. -- Benito Mussolini