Dogs can't climb trees

Old August 22nd 03, 02:22 AM
Beable van Polasm

Default Dogs can't climb trees

Everybody has probably read many books which state that dogs can't
climb trees. Unfortunately, my dog can't read.

Yesterday evening, at about sundown, my dog noticed a scrub turkey
walking around the edge of the sugar cane field, and started growling
at it. The people I got the dog from taught her when she was a puppy
to chase scrub turkeys, and so there is no way I can stop her from
doing so. She raced out after the turkey, which at first tried to run
away.

The turkey quickly worked out that it couldn't outrun a dog, and took
to the skies. It circled around, and then flew off towards the
jungle. The dog ran after it at full speed. The turkey landed in a
tree, about eight metres up. The dog stood under the tree for a while,
looking at the turkey and barking.

Then she decided that if the turkey wouldn't come down out of the
tree, she would go up there and get it. She managed to climb up about
two metres, but then jumped out of the tree. She did this several
times. With a bit of practice, she might work out how to get some
real height in her tree-climbing endeavours.

So my question is obvious - how can I teach my dog to read so that I
can show her in the book where it says that dogs can't climb trees?
I don't want her going out on a limb and then falling off and getting
hurt.

--
I fought the law, and I won -- Dead Kennedys
http://beable.com/
Old August 22nd 03, 05:42 AM
Rocky

Beable van Polasm said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

So my question is obvious - how can I teach my dog to read
so that I can show her in the book where it says that dogs
can't climb trees?

PLEASE REFORMAT. Dogs have a difficult time with serif fonts.

Plus, lot s of white space is important.

I don't want her going out on a limb and
then falling off and getting hurt.

What do you expect from a ratting dog? Show her in the manual
that she's not to look down. Read it out loud if you must.

Old August 22nd 03, 02:25 PM
HarCo Industries

Beable van Polasm wrote in message ...
Everybody has probably read many books which state that dogs can't
climb trees. Unfortunately, my dog can't read.

Beable, is it possible that the people who sold you Fidel cheated you,
and actually sold you a monkey instead?

Monkeys can't read either, you know.

--Terri & Harlan

Old August 23rd 03, 01:15 AM
Bethgsd

Roboterri wrote:

Beable, is it possible that the people who sold you Fidel cheated you,
and actually sold you a monkey instead?

Monkeys can't read either, you know.

No, but they like to watch cartoons.

Beth

Old August 23rd 03, 01:19 AM

Bethgsd wrote:
Roboterri wrote:
Monkeys can't read either, you know.

No, but they like to watch cartoons.

And run large countries.

Fascism should more properly be called 'corporatism,' since it
is the marriage of government and corporate power. -- Benito Mussolini